Subject: Re: [quicwg/base-drafts] Various version negotiation fixes (#474)

From: janaiyengar <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 02 May 2017 17:36:34 -0700

janaiyengar commented on this pull request.

> @@ -843,8 +848,13 @@ which is not a Version Negotiation packet.
 
 A client MUST NOT change the version it uses unless it is in response to a
 Version Negotiation packet from the server.  Once a client receives a packet
-from the server which is not a Version Negotiation packet, it MUST ignore
-Version Negotiation packets on the same connection.
+from the server which is not a Version Negotiation packet, it MUST ignore other
+Version Negotiation packets on the same connection.  Similarly, a client MUST
+ignore a Version Negotiation packet if it has already received and acted on a
+Version Negotiation packet.
+
+A client MUST ignore a Version Negotiation packet if it lists the version it has
+chosen.

This is difficult to parse. How about "A client MUST ignore a Version Negotiation packet that lists the client's chosen version."

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/474#pullrequestreview-35923674

---

From: janaiyengar <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 02 May 2017 17:36:43 -0700

janaiyengar approved this pull request.

One nit, but LGTM

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/474#pullrequestreview-35923695

---

From: Martin Thomson <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 02 May 2017 18:11:49 -0700

@martinthomson pushed 1 commit.

a28e803  Reword text on ignoring own version

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
View it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/474/files/6117221d3335d8d35b07246992594009876eb7c3..a28e803a40d1bebb54f5b21e085b10699925262a

---

From: Martin Thomson <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 02 May 2017 18:16:31 -0700

Merged #474.

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/474#event-1066549606