Subject: [quicwg/base-drafts] 1ed2ef: Add proposed error codes

From: Martin Thomson <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 11 May 2017 23:22:03 -0700

Branch: refs/heads/transport_errors
  Home:   https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts
  Commit: 1ed2ef5ebca4ca82139743ea2a9eb9c778fdfe68
      https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/commit/1ed2ef5ebca4ca82139743ea2a9eb9c778fdfe68
  Author: Martin Thomson <[email-masked]>
  Date:   2017-05-12 (Fri, 12 May 2017)

  Changed paths:
    M draft-ietf-quic-transport.md

  Log Message:
  -----------
  Add proposed error codes

This is just the error codes, not references to those codes.

  Commit: 27d517e94d875d78ef91f27a683d4d00f20782f8
      https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/commit/27d517e94d875d78ef91f27a683d4d00f20782f8
  Author: Martin Thomson <[email-masked]>
  Date:   2017-05-12 (Fri, 12 May 2017)

  Changed paths:
    M draft-ietf-quic-transport.md

  Log Message:
  -----------
  Reference error codes

One interesting change here is that we don't have an error code for running out
of packet numbers.  If you think about this for even a few seconds, you will
realize that you can't send that error code because it can't go in a packet.

And that's even assuming that you manage to keep a connection alive long enough
to send that many packets.  At 1 million packets a second, that's almost 600
thousand years.  Even if we assume that you jump 2^31 packets every time you
switch between networks, and change once a minute, that's 16 thousand years.

I didn't remove the parenthetical mention of QUIC_NO_ERROR because that is
being removed in other pull requests.

  Commit: d3dec577b0124bbd90a50a5bb5d0a6ac4f709c74
      https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/commit/d3dec577b0124bbd90a50a5bb5d0a6ac4f709c74
  Author: Martin Thomson <[email-masked]>
  Date:   2017-05-12 (Fri, 12 May 2017)

  Changed paths:
    M draft-ietf-quic-transport.md

  Log Message:
  -----------
  Simplify CONNECTION_CLOSE error handling

Compare: https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/compare/c0a6acfcd45f...d3dec577b012