Subject: [quicwg/base-drafts] 923099: Limit the size of packets

From: Martin Thomson <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 03 May 2017 21:46:40 -0700

Branch: refs/heads/max_packet_size
  Home:   https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts
  Commit: 92309971917a695ba87cc01ae5858ab5a50c99d7
      https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/commit/92309971917a695ba87cc01ae5858ab5a50c99d7
  Author: Martin Thomson <[email-masked]>
  Date:   2017-05-04 (Thu, 04 May 2017)

  Changed paths:
    M draft-ietf-quic-transport.md

  Log Message:
  -----------
  Limit the size of packets

This is primarily for constrained implementations.  Based on experience with
TLS, there can be real burden for those implementations just implementing an
AEAD correctly over large records.  This setting would allow an absurdly
constrained device some defense against peers who might otherwise send jumbo
packets.  After all, jumbo packets can be more efficient.

Closes #383.