Subject: [quicwg/base-drafts] Mention GQUIC versions (#499)

From: Martin Thomson <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 03 May 2017 21:14:41 -0700

This should help avoid the case where people reuse the numbers that Google are
currently using.

I would like to be able to say "Prior to <some date>" here, but we can add that
if/once Google switches to implementing the IETF protocol.

Closes #51.  Again.
You can view, comment on, or merge this pull request online at:

  https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/499

-- Commit Summary --

  * Mention GQUIC versions

-- File Changes --

    M draft-ietf-quic-transport.md (3)

-- Patch Links --

https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/499.patch
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/499.diff

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/499

---

From: janaiyengar <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 04 May 2017 17:18:53 -0700

That's incorrect. Google QUIC versions are in the "experimental space", and basically occupy the space covered by the ASCII value of the four chars "QXXX", where X is a digit. This is a non-contiguous space, but it squarely falls within experimental, so I don't think we should document it in the spec, but only on the wiki.

I just checked the wiki, and that's incorrect too. I'm fixing that.

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/499#issuecomment-299343616

---

From: janaiyengar <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 04 May 2017 17:58:09 -0700

Fixed the wiki.

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/499#issuecomment-299347789

---

From: Mike Bishop <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 09 May 2017 15:34:57 -0700

1) Clearted?

2) I don't think the QXXX space and "lower 24 bits cleared" reconcile.  Isn't it "upper 8 bits are 'Q'"?

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/499#issuecomment-300321306

---

From: janaiyengar <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 10 May 2017 22:52:11 -0700

It's weird. Upper 8-bits are 'Q' is waaay too much space, as I've described in the Wiki.

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/499#issuecomment-300689493