Subject: [quicwg/base-drafts] c1b3f0: Cover some corner cases in version negotiation

From: Martin Thomson <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 03 May 2017 21:31:36 -0700

Branch: refs/heads/no_ver_neg
  Home:   https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts
  Commit: c1b3f011cc5065cc3eed62ef4472980daf319c81
      https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/commit/c1b3f011cc5065cc3eed62ef4472980daf319c81
  Author: Martin Thomson <[email-masked]>
  Date:   2017-05-04 (Thu, 04 May 2017)

  Changed paths:
    M draft-ietf-quic-transport.md

  Log Message:
  -----------
  Cover some corner cases in version negotiation

In dealing with #497, I expected that it would be possible to reject initial
packets that are too small.  I also expected that you could reject packets that
weren't of the right type.  However, in order to be able to do that we would
have to create a minimum size requirement for all QUIC versions, and make the
packet types (or at least some of them) version independent also.

That seemed unwise so instead I just described a couple of corner cases.  Short
header packets get thrown away, as do packets that are too small.

Closes #497.