Subject: [quicwg/base-drafts] 9d6687: Add a NEW_CONNECTION_ID frame

From: Martin Thomson <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 02 May 2017 15:39:30 -0700

Branch: refs/heads/new_conn_id
  Home:   https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts
  Commit: 9d6687d332051705ea4c767e92b785689af99e11
      https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/commit/9d6687d332051705ea4c767e92b785689af99e11
  Author: Martin Thomson <[email-masked]>
  Date:   2017-05-03 (Wed, 03 May 2017)

  Changed paths:
    M draft-ietf-quic-transport.md

  Log Message:
  -----------
  Add a NEW_CONNECTION_ID frame

This frame is used by servers to support client unlinkability across network
migrations.

This assumes that the client is aware of the need for unlinkability.  I haven't
gone into a lot of detail on rationale, why this might be needed and the like.
That stuff does need expansion, but we don't have a lot of agreement on the
finer details.  For the moment having the basic mechanism in place will allow
us to make progress.