Subject: [quicwg/base-drafts] 84410a: Describe stateless retry in terms of a transport r...

From: Martin Thomson <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 09 May 2017 21:07:47 -0700

Branch: refs/heads/invert_connection_id
  Home:   https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts
  Commit: 84410a748fd4597ab827e568b578f2e7f6356eb7
      https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/commit/84410a748fd4597ab827e568b578f2e7f6356eb7
  Author: Martin Thomson <[email-masked]>
  Date:   2017-05-10 (Wed, 10 May 2017)

  Changed paths:
    M draft-ietf-quic-transport.md

  Log Message:
  -----------
  Describe stateless retry in terms of a transport reset

This requires that we describe the exceptions to the process.

Minimally, this is the state necessary to ensure the integrity of the
handshake.  That is, the cryptographic handshake state continues and the client
has to remember what happened during version negotiation.  We can also point
out that keeping an RTT estimate is worthwhile, as is any congestion signals,
though these might be low value.