Subject: [quicwg/base-drafts] Cover some corner cases in version negotiation (#500)

From: Martin Thomson <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 03 May 2017 21:31:59 -0700

In dealing with #497, I expected that it would be possible to reject initial
packets that are too small.  I also expected that you could reject packets that
weren't of the right type.  However, in order to be able to do that we would
have to create a minimum size requirement for all QUIC versions, and make the
packet types (or at least some of them) version independent also.

That seemed unwise so instead I just described a couple of corner cases.  Short
header packets get thrown away, as do packets that are too small.

Closes #497.
You can view, comment on, or merge this pull request online at:

  https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/500

-- Commit Summary --

  * Cover some corner cases in version negotiation

-- File Changes --

    M draft-ietf-quic-transport.md (5)

-- Patch Links --

https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/500.patch
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/500.diff

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/500

---

From: janaiyengar <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 04 May 2017 18:16:51 -0700

All we need to say is that a Version Negotiation packet is sent in response to only a Long Form packet. The rest of it is unnecessary.

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/500#issuecomment-299349823

---

From: Martin Thomson <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 04 May 2017 18:35:55 -0700

I'm not attached to this.

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/500#issuecomment-299351707

---

From: Martin Thomson <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 04 May 2017 18:35:55 -0700

Closed #500.

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/500#event-1069920121