Subject: [quicwg/base-drafts] Remove use of initial_rtt variable (#531)

From: janaiyengar <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 16 May 2017 14:51:24 -0700

Closes #525 
You can view, comment on, or merge this pull request online at:

  https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/531

-- Commit Summary --

  * Remove use of initial_rtt variable
  * change << to 2^

-- File Changes --

    M draft-ietf-quic-recovery.md (13)

-- Patch Links --

https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/531.patch
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/531.diff

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/531

---

From: ianswett <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 16 May 2017 18:13:01 -0700

ianswett approved this pull request.

Looks good except one nit.

> @@ -412,7 +408,8 @@ below shows how the single timer is set based on the alarm mode.
 The initial flight has no prior RTT sample.  A client SHOULD remember
 the previous RTT it observed when resumption is attempted and use that for an
 initial RTT value.  If no previous RTT is available, the initial RTT defaults
-to 200ms.  Once an RTT measurement is taken, it MUST replace initial_rtt.
+to 200ms.  Once an RTT measurement is taken, it MUST replace the initial RTT
+value.

Reading this now, I think we can remove this last sentence.

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/531#pullrequestreview-38550612

---

From: janaiyengar <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 17 May 2017 11:39:15 -0700

@janaiyengar pushed 1 commit.

bb52654  Removed extraneous sentence

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
View it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/531/files/f41daeecb2a46cfaa2f205b26fcceb82a29a6d77..bb52654c30289ccca9b699c8592cf0a5208b97be

---

From: janaiyengar <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 17 May 2017 11:41:55 -0700

Merged #531.

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/531#event-1086541671