Subject: Re: [quicwg/base-drafts] Independent states and DISINTEREST (#171)

From: Mike Bishop <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 02 May 2017 15:29:21 -0700

@MikeBishop pushed 1 commit.

3ac8550  Merging with Martin's stream state text

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
View it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/171/files/df92cb1e8af7701b202f3faabb8fc7dcc0c90104..3ac855012455203562ddbcbfa5b51a78dc05de8e

---

From: Martin Thomson <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 02 May 2017 18:02:40 -0700

martinthomson requested changes on this pull request.

> @@ -2271,7 +2282,6 @@ Once a stream reaches this state, no frames can be sent that mention the stream.
 Reordering might cause frames to be received after closing, see
 {{state-hc-remote}}.
 
-

I like to keep a couple of blank lines before section headings.

 ### half-closed (local)
 
 A stream that is in the "half-closed (local)" state MUST NOT be used for sending
-STREAM frames; WINDOW_UPDATE, RST_STREAM, and DISINTEREST MAY be sent in this
-state.
-
-A stream transitions from this state to "closed" when a STREAM frame that
-contains a FIN flag is received and all prior data has arrived, or when a
-RST_STREAM frame is received.
+on new STREAM frames.  Retransmission of data that has already been sent on
+STREAM frames is permitted.  An endpoint MAY also send MAX_STREAM_DATA and
+RST_STREAM in this state.

You need to add DISINTEREST here.

> +An endpoint may use a DISINTEREST frame (type=0x08) to communicate that incoming
+data is being discarded on receipt at application request.  This signals a peer
+to abruptly terminate transmission on a stream.  The frame is as follows:
+
+~~~
+ 0                   1                   2                   3
+ 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 0 1
++-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
+|                        Stream ID (32)                         |
++-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
+~~~
+
+The fields are:
+
+* Error code: A 32-bit error code which indicates why the data is being
+  discarded.

@MikeBishop, you missed the error code.  Do we even need an error code?

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/171#pullrequestreview-35925650