Subject: [quicwg/base-drafts] Update TLS draft to track recent changes (#518)

From: Martin Thomson <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 09 May 2017 23:36:26 -0700

This tracks the changes in #493 and so forth to ensure that the TLS doc makes sense.  Up until now it still contained discussion of the VERSION bit, which has been gone for some time.

This sits on top of #493.  Any comments with that I'll deal with over there.
You can view, comment on, or merge this pull request online at:

  https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/518

-- Commit Summary --

  * Address validation is stateless reject
  * Expand description
  * Rework cleartext packet descriptions
  * Merge branch 'stateless_reject' into invert_connection_id
  * Expand on HelloRetryRequest rules
  * Tidy up grammar
  * Jana's review comments
  * Reset more completely for stateless retry and version negotiation
  * MUST MUST MUST
  * Describe stateless retry in terms of a transport reset
  * Remove the explicit packet number gap in favor of one computed
  * Clarify flexibility of the server port number in Alt-Svc (#424)
  * Reword initial packet number
  * Fix table alignment
  * MAX_DATA frame minor typo
  * Update draft-ietf-quic-transport.md
  * Update figure detection for ``` delimiters
  * Update TLS draft to track changes in packet layout etc...

-- File Changes --

    M Makefile (3)
    M draft-ietf-quic-http.md (10)
    M draft-ietf-quic-tls.md (168)
    M draft-ietf-quic-transport.md (419)

-- Patch Links --

https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/518.patch
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/518.diff

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/518

---

From: Martin Thomson <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 09 May 2017 23:42:49 -0700

Bonus change here: use "protected" rather than "encrypted" to match TLS terminology and the terms used elsewhere.

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/518#issuecomment-300390483

---

From: janaiyengar <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 10 May 2017 22:34:14 -0700

@janaiyengar pushed 1 commit.

227f397  A typo and an editorial nit

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
View it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/518/files/6ae392b39d74f61d9193fca9637f070279023d3e..227f397a9ad494ab4bfb1e403f609727def96a0a

---

From: janaiyengar <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 10 May 2017 22:34:31 -0700

janaiyengar approved this pull request.

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/518#pullrequestreview-37486274

---

From: janaiyengar <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 10 May 2017 22:34:52 -0700

I fixed a couple of tiny nits.

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/518#issuecomment-300686990

---

From: Martin Thomson <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 10 May 2017 22:41:52 -0700

Thanks Jana.

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/518#issuecomment-300688080

---

From: janaiyengar <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 10 May 2017 22:42:52 -0700

89ada63  fix > 80 chars

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
View it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/518/files/227f397a9ad494ab4bfb1e403f609727def96a0a..89ada63186ffebdf9cd7705a5bcd4b629a142ac1

---

From: janaiyengar <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 10 May 2017 22:54:10 -0700

Merged #518.

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/518#event-1077623100