Subject: Re: [quicwg/base-drafts] First version of congestion control (#395)

From: MikkelFJ <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 21 May 2017 23:00:42 -0700

mikkelfj commented on this pull request.

> +papers, and common practice.  Some may need to be changed or negotiated
+in order to better suit a variety of environments.
+
+kInitialWindow (default 10 * 1500 bytes):
+: Default limit on the amount of outstanding data in bytes.
+
+kLossReductionFactor (default 0.5):
+: Reduction in congestion window when a new loss event is detected.
+
+
+## Variables of interest
+
+Variables required to implement the congestion control mechanisms
+are described in this section.
+
+bytes_in_flight:

What exactly is this measuring: IP, UDP and QUIC header? ACK's, or just the sum of retransmittable frames, or just stream payload?

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/395#pullrequestreview-39390314

---

From: Martin Thomson <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 21 May 2017 23:08:08 -0700

martinthomson commented on this pull request.

@mikkelfj, good question.  Could you open an issue?

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/395#discussion_r117667386

---

From: MikkelFJ <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 21 May 2017 23:15:21 -0700

done

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/395#discussion_r117668045

---

From: Martin Thomson <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 21 May 2017 23:15:46 -0700

thanks

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/395#discussion_r117668088