Subject: [quicwg/base-drafts] STREAM_ID_NEEDED frame (#455)

From: Martin Thomson <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 19 Apr 2017 23:02:17 -0700

Analogous to BLOCKED, this frame allows an endpoint to protest at not being able to open new streams.

I'm not convinced we need this (I'm also not especially enthusiastic about BLOCKED), but it was easy to write up.

Builds on #454, look at 3629948c1c575d12e0cbb974e666a56158cac6b3 if you want to see just these changes.
You can view, comment on, or merge this pull request online at:

  https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/455

-- Commit Summary --

  * Split WINDOW_UPDATE into MAX_DATA and MAX_STREAM_DATA
  * The hazards of renaming things automatically
  * Fix IANA table
  * Jana's review comments
  * Fix frame type numbers
  * Split BLOCKED into two
  * Add STREAM_ID_NEEDED frame analogous to BLOCKED

-- File Changes --

    M draft-ietf-quic-transport.md (409)

-- Patch Links --

https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/455.patch
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/455.diff

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/455

---

From: Mike Bishop <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 20 Apr 2017 12:28:41 -0700

Maybe.  Alternatively, you could model beyond-the-max-ID streams as having a max offset of zero -- just send a STREAM_BLOCKED frame referencing the stream you'd like to open.  Has the advantage of explicitly telling the sender how many streams are throttled behind their max, rather than just that there is one.

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/455#issuecomment-295870660

---

From: Martin Thomson <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 20 Apr 2017 16:46:31 -0700

I think that I like that better.

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/455#issuecomment-295972403