Subject: [quicwg/base-drafts] 75ac45: Add proposed error codes

From: Martin Thomson <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 27 Apr 2017 23:06:08 -0700

Branch: refs/heads/transport_errors
  Home:   https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts
  Commit: 75ac4592e50f197f3ff47869a04757df6b2cde06
      https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/commit/75ac4592e50f197f3ff47869a04757df6b2cde06
  Author: Martin Thomson <[email-masked]>
  Date:   2017-04-28 (Fri, 28 Apr 2017)

  Changed paths:
    M draft-ietf-quic-transport.md

  Log Message:
  -----------
  Add proposed error codes

This is just the error codes, not references to those codes.

  Commit: 640d6d254e6f0e3eee034ce329c5d5456e721b2e
      https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/commit/640d6d254e6f0e3eee034ce329c5d5456e721b2e
  Author: Martin Thomson <[email-masked]>
  Date:   2017-04-28 (Fri, 28 Apr 2017)

  Changed paths:
    M draft-ietf-quic-transport.md

  Log Message:
  -----------
  Reference error codes

One interesting change here is that we don't have an error code for running out
of packet numbers.  If you think about this for even a few seconds, you will
realize that you can't send that error code because it can't go in a packet.

And that's even assuming that you manage to keep a connection alive long enough
to send that many packets.  At 1 million packets a second, that's almost 600
thousand years.  Even if we assume that you jump 2^31 packets every time you
switch between networks, and change once a minute, that's 16 thousand years.

I didn't remove the parenthetical mention of QUIC_NO_ERROR because that is
being removed in other pull requests.

Compare: https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/compare/baa43bf07681...640d6d254e6f