Subject: [quicwg/base-drafts] Make TLS track changes in transport (#468)

From: Martin Thomson <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 26 Apr 2017 20:51:37 -0700

This is a small change to follow #421 and friends.
You can view, comment on, or merge this pull request online at:

  https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/468

-- Commit Summary --

  * Grammar correction, alignment
  * Follow the flow control and stream concurrency changes in the main doc

-- File Changes --

    M draft-ietf-quic-tls.md (18)
    M draft-ietf-quic-transport.md (3)

-- Patch Links --

https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/468.patch
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/468.diff

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/468

---

From: ekr <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 26 Apr 2017 21:13:42 -0700

ekr commented on this pull request.

-Though data is exchanged on stream 1, the initial flow control window is
-sufficiently large to allow the TLS handshake to complete.  This limits the
-maximum size of the TLS handshake and would prevent a server or client from
-using an abnormally large certificate chain.
+Though data is exchanged on stream 1, the initial flow control window on that
+stream is sufficiently large to allow the TLS handshake to complete.  This
+limits the maximum size of the TLS handshake and would prevent a server or
+client from using an abnormally large certificate chain.

Isn't this technically just a restriction on a single RT?

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/468#pullrequestreview-35014467

---

From: Martin Thomson <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 26 Apr 2017 21:38:34 -0700

martinthomson commented on this pull request.

Well, if the server wants to send a 1M cert, then the client can't send MAX_STREAM_DATA to allow that to happen.  It will run into the flow control limit (which I assume is 64k, but we don't actually say that).

I know that there are large certs, and there are probably certs with OCSP and associated gunk that will exceed this limit.  Those certs won't work with QUIC.

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/468#discussion_r113613765

---

From: Martin Thomson <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 27 Apr 2017 22:49:02 -0700

Merged #468.

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/468#event-1061576122