Subject: [quicwg/base-drafts] 7690f8: Authenticate public reset with a hash

From: Martin Thomson <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 27 Apr 2017 23:07:44 -0700

Branch: refs/heads/public_reset_proof
  Home:   https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts
  Commit: 7690f845bb1e48c318b609bc8553a6713e27aaff
      https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/commit/7690f845bb1e48c318b609bc8553a6713e27aaff
  Author: Martin Thomson <[email-masked]>
  Date:   2017-04-28 (Fri, 28 Apr 2017)

  Changed paths:
    M draft-ietf-quic-transport.md

  Log Message:
  -----------
  Authenticate public reset with a hash

This takes ekr's design from #20 and expands on it quite a bit.  There are a
few little wrinkles that I think we might want to discuss a little.

First, this is a one-time password, so the combination of key and connection ID
can't ever be repeated for a given server instance.  Our 64-bit connection ID
space isn't really enough to provide this.  How a server moves to a new static
key during operation will be challenging; it probably needs to partition the
connection ID space.

Second, transport parameters are encrypted.  #20 made a point of having the
verifier in the clear so that intermediaries could validate the Public Reset.

  Commit: e425aece23f3549bc3013a06d03f5632b0242ed2
      https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/commit/e425aece23f3549bc3013a06d03f5632b0242ed2
  Author: Martin Thomson <[email-masked]>
  Date:   2017-04-28 (Fri, 28 Apr 2017)

  Changed paths:
    M draft-ietf-quic-transport.md

  Log Message:
  -----------
  Self-review

  Commit: 01b9b854bd41208cb93b7c5f1e5b527686ebcadd
      https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/commit/01b9b854bd41208cb93b7c5f1e5b527686ebcadd
  Author: Martin Thomson <[email-masked]>
  Date:   2017-04-28 (Fri, 28 Apr 2017)

  Changed paths:
    M draft-ietf-quic-transport.md

  Log Message:
  -----------
  remove second layer of 'for instance'

Compare: https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/compare/90e5c6b9f6e6...01b9b854bd41