Subject: [quicwg/base-drafts] Split BLOCKED (#454)

From: Martin Thomson <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 19 Apr 2017 22:57:45 -0700

This builds on #450 and splits BLOCKED in the same way.

(For reviewers, #450 lands, the changes currently fit in 8d349ad966d9c4ab514b3ebd1e08a986b5da02b0)
You can view, comment on, or merge this pull request online at:

  https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/454

-- Commit Summary --

  * Split WINDOW_UPDATE into MAX_DATA and MAX_STREAM_DATA
  * The hazards of renaming things automatically
  * Fix IANA table
  * Jana's review comments
  * Fix frame type numbers
  * Split BLOCKED into two

-- File Changes --

    M draft-ietf-quic-transport.md (400)

-- Patch Links --

https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/454.patch
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/454.diff

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/454

---

From: Mike Bishop <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 20 Apr 2017 12:19:48 -0700

MikeBishop approved this pull request.

LGTM, minor nits.

> -has data to send), but is currently flow control blocked. BLOCKED frames are
-purely informational frames, but extremely useful for debugging purposes. A
-receiver of a BLOCKED frame should simply discard it (after possibly printing a
-helpful log message). The frame is as follows:
+A sender sends a BLOCKED frame (type=0x08) when it wishes to send data, but is
+unable to due to connection-level flow control (see {{blocking}}). BLOCKED
+frames can be used as input to tuning of flow control algorithms (see
+{{fc-credit}}).
+
+The BLOCKED frame does not contain a payload.
+
+
+## STREAM_BLOCKED Frame {#frame-stream-blocked}
+
+A sender sends a STREAM_BLOCKED frame (type=0x09) when it wishes to send data,
+but is unable to due to stream-level flow control.  This stream is analogous to

I think you mean "this frame" rather than "this stream".

 If a sender does not receive a MAX_DATA or MAX_STREAM_DATA frame when it has run
 out of flow control credit, the sender will be blocked and MUST send a BLOCKED
-frame.  A BLOCKED frame is expected to be useful for debugging at the receiver.
-A receiver SHOULD NOT wait for a BLOCKED frame before sending MAX_DATA or
+or STREAM_BLOCKED frame.  These frames are expected to be useful for debugging
+at the receiver, they do not require any other action.  A receiver SHOULD NOT

Comma splice.  Use a semicolon or add a conjunction.

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/454#pullrequestreview-33862348

---

From: janaiyengar <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 25 Apr 2017 15:44:28 -0700

janaiyengar approved this pull request.

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/454#pullrequestreview-34708374

---

From: janaiyengar <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 25 Apr 2017 15:44:33 -0700

Merged #454.

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/454#event-1057568672