Subject: [quicwg/base-drafts] 8a6004: Grammar correction, alignment

From: Martin Thomson <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 25 Apr 2017 22:09:36 -0700

Branch: refs/heads/public_reset_proof
  Home:   https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts
  Commit: 8a6004d2ad8e82b62ba950ae23f5af0c4e077d2c
      https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/commit/8a6004d2ad8e82b62ba950ae23f5af0c4e077d2c
  Author: Martin Thomson <[email-masked]>
  Date:   2017-04-26 (Wed, 26 Apr 2017)

  Changed paths:
    M draft-ietf-quic-transport.md

  Log Message:
  -----------
  Grammar correction, alignment

  Commit: fd80751f07c37856b0ea6f4a39edbaad55272291
      https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/commit/fd80751f07c37856b0ea6f4a39edbaad55272291
  Author: Martin Thomson <[email-masked]>
  Date:   2017-04-26 (Wed, 26 Apr 2017)

  Changed paths:
    M draft-ietf-quic-transport.md

  Log Message:
  -----------
  Authenticate public reset with a hash

This takes ekr's design from #20 and expands on it quite a bit.  There are a
few little wrinkles that I think we might want to discuss a little.

First, this is a one-time password, so the combination of key and connection ID
can't ever be repeated for a given server instance.  Our 64-bit connection ID
space isn't really enough to provide this.  How a server moves to a new static
key during operation will be challenging; it probably needs to partition the
connection ID space.

Second, transport parameters are encrypted.  #20 made a point of having the
verifier in the clear so that intermediaries could validate the Public Reset.

  Commit: 8d59adcd700539eceba823546bea07ff7dbfbb89
      https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/commit/8d59adcd700539eceba823546bea07ff7dbfbb89
  Author: Martin Thomson <[email-masked]>
  Date:   2017-04-26 (Wed, 26 Apr 2017)

  Changed paths:
    M draft-ietf-quic-transport.md

  Log Message:
  -----------
  Self-review

Compare: https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/compare/d8e68c2b23ff...8d59adcd7005