Subject: [quicwg/base-drafts] fbf891: Authenticate public reset with a hash

From: Martin Thomson <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 21 Apr 2017 00:07:21 -0700

Branch: refs/heads/public_reset_proof
  Home:   https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts
  Commit: fbf89195de19d6e4a141c7f5242de432c053c431
      https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/commit/fbf89195de19d6e4a141c7f5242de432c053c431
  Author: Martin Thomson <[email-masked]>
  Date:   2017-04-21 (Fri, 21 Apr 2017)

  Changed paths:
    M draft-ietf-quic-transport.md

  Log Message:
  -----------
  Authenticate public reset with a hash

This takes ekr's design from #20 and expands on it quite a bit.  There are a
few little wrinkles that I think we might want to discuss a little.

First, this is a one-time password, so the combination of key and connection ID
can't ever be repeated for a given server instance.  Our 64-bit connection ID
space isn't really enough to provide this.  How a server moves to a new static
key during operation will be challenging; it probably needs to partition the
connection ID space.

Second, transport parameters are encrypted.  #20 made a point of having the
verifier in the clear so that intermediaries could validate the Public Reset.