Subject: [quicwg/base-drafts] Don't require the client to reset excess streams (#479)

From: Martin Thomson <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 27 Apr 2017 18:59:07 -0700

In 0-RTT, the client might overrun the server's stream limit.  Let the server
work out what to do about that.

Closes #425
You can view, comment on, or merge this pull request online at:

  https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/479

-- Commit Summary --

  * Don't require the client to reset excess streams

-- File Changes --

    M draft-ietf-quic-transport.md (5)

-- Patch Links --

https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/479.patch
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/479.diff

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/479

---

From: ekr <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 27 Apr 2017 23:47:55 -0700

ekr commented on this pull request.

> @@ -1045,9 +1045,8 @@ particularly with respect to transport parameters that establish limits:
   limit is received, the client can recommence sending.
 
 * Similarly, a client might exceed the initial stream limit declared by the
-  server.  A client MUST reset any streams that exceed this limit.  A server
-  SHOULD reset any streams it cannot handle with a code that allows the client
-  to retry any application action bound to those streams.
+  server.  A server MAY reset any streams it cannot handle with a code that
+  allows the client to retry any application action bound to those streams.

Which code?

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/479#pullrequestreview-35285586

---

From: Martin Thomson <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 27 Apr 2017 23:51:54 -0700

martinthomson commented on this pull request.

Oh, I'm waiting for #467 to land before doing that (it's CANCELLED).

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/479#discussion_r113862178