Subject: [quicwg/base-drafts] Packet number echo with fixed-length, 32-bit packet and echo numbers (#368)

From: Brian Trammell <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 07 Mar 2017 00:57:09 -0800

This is a version of #367 (replacing #351 manually rebased on #361), that sets packet numbers and packet number echoes in short headers to 32-bits, mainly by cutting complexity out of #367.
You can view, comment on, or merge this pull request online at:

  https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/368

-- Commit Summary --

  * Partial commit of new header format
  * Everything except connection ID.
  * Connection ID added.
  * Two key phases for long headers
  * Nits.
  * Clarifications.
  * Public reset proof not optional.
  * Fix formatting of long- and short-form headers
  * Add version specific fields to short form
  * Merge pull request #362 from quicwg/headerfix
  * Nits.
  * reapply packet number echo to full new header branch
  * cut all the cruft about packet number size selection

-- File Changes --

    M draft-ietf-quic-transport.md (591)

-- Patch Links --

https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/368.patch
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/368.diff

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/368

---

From: Brian Trammell <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 07 Mar 2017 05:23:46 -0800

@britram pushed 1 commit.

5948004  reflow for 80col

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
View it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/368/files/6c19c71612fae5df6439e3f78be091bc0e207ce7..59480040a061decb170cff2918cda6857e7308a6

---

From: Martin Thomson <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 07 Mar 2017 22:17:29 -0800

martinthomson commented on this pull request.

+The packet type in a short header currently determines only the size of the
+packet number field.  Additional types can be used to signal the presence of

This first sentence no longer applies.  Probably just want to say:

> The packet type is used to determine the fields that are present in a short header and their length.

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/368#pullrequestreview-25705147

---

From: Brian Trammell <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 08 Mar 2017 03:27:27 -0800

edb5e54  reflow again; address martin's comment

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
View it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/368/files/59480040a061decb170cff2918cda6857e7308a6..edb5e5468a327e66ccc22282eba629b7dc8726a4

---

From: Brian Trammell <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 08 Mar 2017 03:28:10 -0800

52f54bf  update packet number description

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
View it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/368/files/edb5e5468a327e66ccc22282eba629b7dc8726a4..52f54bfae0921833a667ca1241c8a6519be8452a

---

From: janaiyengar <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 10 Mar 2017 12:26:23 -0800

janaiyengar commented on this pull request.

Can you rebase?

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/368#pullrequestreview-26369198

---

From: Brian Trammell <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 13 Mar 2017 04:14:37 -0700

Replaced by #393.

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/368#issuecomment-286079129

---

From: Brian Trammell <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 13 Mar 2017 04:14:37 -0700

Closed #368.

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/368#event-997033704

---

From: Martin Thomson <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 13 Mar 2017 05:01:59 -0700

@britram, it's OK to force push.

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/368#issuecomment-286088405