Subject: [quicwg/base-drafts] 5bf0bf: I've taken feedback from #355.

From: Martin Thomson <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 02 Mar 2017 15:40:19 -0800

Branch: refs/heads/goaway_symmetric
  Home:   https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts
  Commit: 5bf0bff25456c655c5264e7c3f6f55d4f0c322e7
      https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/commit/5bf0bff25456c655c5264e7c3f6f55d4f0c322e7
  Author: Martin Thomson <[email-masked]>
  Date:   2017-03-03 (Fri, 03 Mar 2017)

  Changed paths:
    M draft-ietf-quic-transport.md

  Log Message:
  -----------
  I've taken feedback from #355.

I have also added text that captures something we learned late in the HTTP/2
experience.  GOAWAY pre-emptively closes streams, but for peer-initiated
streams it might make sense to use a bigger number to allow any requests that
the peer created in the last round trip to complete.  Some implementations find
retrying quite difficult and allowing (for example) a client's last set of
requests to complete can make the shutdown properly graceful (as opposed to
toy-graceful).

The case where this matters is for a gateway to server, where the gateway can't
reasonably retry the 10,000 requests that it initiated in the last second. To
allow for that, the server can give the gateway a bit of extra leeway for those
streams when it sends a GOAWAY frame.