Subject: [quicwg/base-drafts] Send a TLS alert when TLS encounters an error (#374)

From: Martin Thomson <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 08 Mar 2017 17:32:44 -0800

Also rationalize the TLS error messages, which means removing most of them.

Closes #272
You can view, comment on, or merge this pull request online at:

  https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/374

-- Commit Summary --

  * Send a TLS alert when TLS encounters an error

-- File Changes --

    M draft-ietf-quic-tls.md (93)

-- Patch Links --

https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/374.patch
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/374.diff

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/374

---

From: Mike Bishop <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 09 Mar 2017 14:33:47 -0800

MikeBishop approved this pull request.

I like red.

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/374#pullrequestreview-26162412

---

From: Sean Turner <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 09 Mar 2017 16:35:26 -0800

@seanturner pushed 1 commit.

e782069  Being nitpikcy about which connection and alert.

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
View it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/374/files/ae252cd70efe8b4a8a97273d0b662fe406de4bcd..e7820698f3d7290d2120de8d7e328420432c77f9

---

From: Sean Turner <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 09 Mar 2017 16:37:08 -0800

Since we got both TLS and QUIC connections, I figured it might better to be clear about which one the sentence is referring to.  Might be a bit over the to say add "TLS" before alert, but with it there's no ambiguity.

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/374#issuecomment-285534415

---

From: Martin Thomson <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 09 Mar 2017 16:42:51 -0800

Thanks Sean.

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/374#issuecomment-285535524

---

From: Sean Turner <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 09 Mar 2017 16:39:16 -0800

seanturner approved this pull request.

I made some minor tweaks.

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/374#pullrequestreview-26181849

---

From: Martin Thomson <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 09 Mar 2017 16:42:52 -0800

Merged #374.

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/374#event-994152747