Subject: [quicwg/base-drafts] 31249b: GOAWAY needs a maximum stream number in both direc...

From: janaiyengar <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 08 Mar 2017 11:26:57 -0800

Branch: refs/heads/master
  Home:   https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts
  Commit: 31249bed9680c28ff802977ac316b5485f958001
      https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/commit/31249bed9680c28ff802977ac316b5485f958001
  Author: Martin Thomson <[email-masked]>
  Date:   2017-03-08 (Wed, 08 Mar 2017)

  Changed paths:
    M draft-ietf-quic-transport.md

  Log Message:
  -----------
  GOAWAY needs a maximum stream number in both directions

I have also taken the liberty of making the text that matches this
more directly applicable.

  Commit: 72dcfe09cf8adb8a1367d30b683f1a4746fa05ae
      https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/commit/72dcfe09cf8adb8a1367d30b683f1a4746fa05ae
  Author: Martin Thomson <[email-masked]>
  Date:   2017-03-08 (Wed, 08 Mar 2017)

  Changed paths:
    M draft-ietf-quic-transport.md

  Log Message:
  -----------
  Advice on use of GOAWAY during error handling

  Commit: 1ac4b8c77329405174c7961106fee903d8583a7b
      https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/commit/1ac4b8c77329405174c7961106fee903d8583a7b
  Author: Martin Thomson <[email-masked]>
  Date:   2017-03-08 (Wed, 08 Mar 2017)

  Changed paths:
    M draft-ietf-quic-transport.md

  Log Message:
  -----------
  Fix nits

  Commit: 13a14f8577ebc51ac69a48195f2e364f15090958
      https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/commit/13a14f8577ebc51ac69a48195f2e364f15090958
  Author: Martin Thomson <[email-masked]>
  Date:   2017-03-08 (Wed, 08 Mar 2017)

  Changed paths:
    M draft-ietf-quic-transport.md

  Log Message:
  -----------
  I've taken feedback from #355.

I have also added text that captures something we learned late in the HTTP/2
experience.  GOAWAY pre-emptively closes streams, but for peer-initiated
streams it might make sense to use a bigger number to allow any requests that
the peer created in the last round trip to complete.  Some implementations find
retrying quite difficult and allowing (for example) a client's last set of
requests to complete can make the shutdown properly graceful (as opposed to
toy-graceful).

The case where this matters is for a gateway to server, where the gateway can't
reasonably retry the 10,000 requests that it initiated in the last second. To
allow for that, the server can give the gateway a bit of extra leeway for those
streams when it sends a GOAWAY frame.

  Commit: ee7b808e0a2d803b052173b14877fa6f0719e011
      https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/commit/ee7b808e0a2d803b052173b14877fa6f0719e011
  Author: Martin Thomson <[email-masked]>
  Date:   2017-03-08 (Wed, 08 Mar 2017)

  Changed paths:
    M draft-ietf-quic-transport.md

  Log Message:
  -----------
  s/Last/Largest/ and improve conditions on a triggered GOAWAY

  Commit: 2c716f80a9b12fff4495c7ad8f92a554500df722
      https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/commit/2c716f80a9b12fff4495c7ad8f92a554500df722
  Author: Martin Thomson <[email-masked]>
  Date:   2017-03-08 (Wed, 08 Mar 2017)

  Changed paths:
    M draft-ietf-quic-transport.md

  Log Message:
  -----------
  Remove GOAWAY echo

  Commit: 6fcb7f9340f18afef6337e1abf54714faa3652bd
      https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/commit/6fcb7f9340f18afef6337e1abf54714faa3652bd
  Author: Martin Thomson <[email-masked]>
  Date:   2017-03-08 (Wed, 08 Mar 2017)

  Changed paths:
    M draft-ietf-quic-transport.md

  Log Message:
  -----------
  Remove error code and reason phrase from GOAWAY

  Commit: 3afbc94a289d7e73daebf943140e058202cc1967
      https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/commit/3afbc94a289d7e73daebf943140e058202cc1967
  Author: janaiyengar <[email-masked]>
  Date:   2017-03-08 (Wed, 08 Mar 2017)

  Changed paths:
    M draft-ietf-quic-transport.md

  Log Message:
  -----------
  Merge pull request #355 from quicwg/goaway_for_no_reason

Remove error code and reason phrase from GOAWAY

Compare: https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/compare/77ee29bc3e9e...3afbc94a289d