Subject: [quicwg/base-drafts] Simplify and clarify RTO alarm calculation (#417)

From: ianswett <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 28 Mar 2017 15:55:40 -0700

You can view, comment on, or merge this pull request online at:

  https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/417

-- Commit Summary --

  * Simplify and clarify RTO alarm calculation

-- File Changes --

    M draft-ietf-quic-recovery.md (8)

-- Patch Links --

https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/417.patch
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/417.diff

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/417

---

From: ianswett <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 28 Mar 2017 15:56:15 -0700

Intended to fix Issue #142 

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/417#issuecomment-289930284

---

From: martinduke <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 28 Mar 2017 16:03:41 -0700

martinduke approved this pull request.

Much better. The previous wording seemed to imply we were doubling the previous timeout, rather than recalculating based on the current srtt.

What you have here is much easier and equivalent to what most TCP implementations do (I believe)

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/417#pullrequestreview-29597388

---

From: ianswett <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 28 Mar 2017 16:04:51 -0700

Merged #417.

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/417#event-1019501968