Subject: [quicwg/base-drafts] Narrow the packet number encoding range requirement (#356)

From: Martin Thomson <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 01 Mar 2017 20:10:57 -0800

To one that is based on mathematics.

I didn't take Ian's text, I thought that some expository text might help, even if I didn't go into detail about huge loss-gaps.  I also didn't use "SHOULD" regarding a larger value.  Any reordering that is enough to cause the packet number to be decoded incorrectly is *also* going to be repaired as a result of the loss recovery algorithm, so it's only really a safeguard against perverse reordering scenarios and to *maybe* avoid having the receiver need the retransmission.

I also had to rework the example.

Closes #323.
You can view, comment on, or merge this pull request online at:

  https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/356

-- Commit Summary --

  * Narrow the packet number encoding range requirement to one that is based on mathematics

-- File Changes --

    M draft-ietf-quic-transport.md (28)

-- Patch Links --

https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/356.patch
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/356.diff

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/356

---

From: ianswett <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 08 Mar 2017 11:14:14 -0800

ianswett approved this pull request.

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/356#pullrequestreview-25857667

---

From: ianswett <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 08 Mar 2017 11:14:21 -0800

Merged #356.

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/356#event-991900623