Subject: [quicwg/base-drafts] Add stream offset limit of 2^64. (#350)

From: janaiyengar <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 28 Feb 2017 09:19:32 -0800

You can view, comment on, or merge this pull request online at:

  https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/350

-- Commit Summary --

  * Add stream offset limit.

-- File Changes --

    M draft-ietf-quic-transport.md (10)

-- Patch Links --

https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/350.patch
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/350.diff

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/350

---

From: ianswett <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 28 Feb 2017 09:25:08 -0800

ianswett commented on this pull request.

Two small suggestions.

> @@ -1182,7 +1182,8 @@ The STREAM frame contains the following fields:
 
 * Offset: A variable-sized unsigned number specifying the byte offset in the
   stream for the data in this STREAM frame.  The first byte in the stream has an
-  offset of 0.
+  offset of 0. The largest offset delivered on a stream---the sum of the
+  re-constructed offset and data length---MUST be lesser than 2^64.

lesser than -> less than, here and below?

> @@ -1962,9 +1963,10 @@ sender or during delivery to the application at the receiver.
 When new data is to be sent on a stream, a sender MUST set the encapsulating
 STREAM frame's offset field to the stream offset of the first byte of this new
 data.  The first byte of data that is sent on a stream has the stream offset 0.
-A receiver MUST ensure that received stream data is delivered to the application
-as an ordered byte-stream.  Data received out of order MUST be buffered for
-later delivery, as long as it is not in violation of the receiver's flow control
+The largest offset delivered on a stream MUST be lesser than 2^64. A receiver
+MUST ensure that received stream data is delivered to the application as an

nit: How about "MUST ensure that received stream data is available to the application as an ordered byte-stream."

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/350#pullrequestreview-24296694

---

From: Martin Thomson <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 28 Feb 2017 16:48:23 -0800

martinthomson commented on this pull request.

nit: don't use `---`

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/350#pullrequestreview-24376467