Subject: [quicwg/base-drafts] Remove the Reserved flag bits (#271)

From: Mike Bishop <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 08 Feb 2017 13:52:01 -0800

Fixes #127, but we may want to go further.
You can view, comment on, or merge this pull request online at:

  https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/271

-- Commit Summary --

  * Remove the Reserved flag bits

-- File Changes --

    M draft-ietf-quic-http.md (13)

-- Patch Links --

https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/271.patch
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/271.diff

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/271

---

From: Martin Thomson <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 08 Feb 2017 15:19:21 -0800

LGTM.

I'm in two minds about the flags as well.  The argument for removing them is that it avoids another point of extensibility that isn't heavily used.  Given that we have two uses currently, we might manage by consuming more frame types.

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/271#issuecomment-278495126

---

From: Mike Bishop <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 08 Feb 2017 15:30:04 -0800

Though if we consume more frame types, then we’re departing from keeping the same frame IDs as HTTP/2, too.  Some people care about that, even if it’s just for simplicity of porting extensions over.

From: Martin Thomson [mailto:[email-masked]]
Sent: Wednesday, February 8, 2017 3:19 PM
To: quicwg/base-drafts <[email-masked]>
Cc: Mike Bishop <[email-masked]>; Author <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: [quicwg/base-drafts] Remove the Reserved flag bits (#271)

LGTM.

—
You are receiving this because you authored the thread.
Reply to this email directly, view it on GitHub<https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/271#issuecomment-278495126>, or mute the thread<https://github.com/notifications/unsubscribe-auth/AEE2hSBEKAUzXB3U0ljEaPKGPTrZ9ub1ks5rak15gaJpZM4L7aT6>.

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/271#issuecomment-278497370

---

From: Mike Bishop <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 22 Feb 2017 17:35:45 -0800

Merged #271.

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/271#event-973635138