Subject: Re: [quicwg/base-drafts] Text on handling stream close and data that follows it (#254)

From: Marten Seemann <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 01 Feb 2017 06:47:24 -0800

marten-seemann commented on this pull request.

 An endpoint that receives a RST_STREAM frame (and which has not sent a FIN or a
 RST_STREAM) MUST immediately respond with a RST_STREAM frame, and MUST NOT send
 any more data on the stream.  This endpoint may continue receiving frames for
 the stream on which a RST_STREAM is received.
 
 If this state is reached as a result of sending a RST_STREAM frame, the peer
-that receives the RST_STREAM might have already sent -- or enqueued for sending
--- frames on the stream that cannot be withdrawn.  An endpoint MUST ignore
-frames that it receives on closed streams after it has sent a RST_STREAM frame.
-An endpoint MAY choose to limit the period over which it ignores frames and
-treat frames that arrive after this time as being in error.
+that receives the RST_STREAM frame might have already sent -- or enqueued for
+sending -- frames on the stream that cannot be withdrawn.  An endpoint MUST
+ignore frames that it receives on closed streams after it has sent a RST_STREAM
+frame. An endpoint MAY choose to limit the period over which it ignores frames
+and treat frames that arrive after this time as being in error.

That would be a QUIC_STREAM_DATA_AFTER_TERMINATION error, right? Maybe we should specify that here explicitly.

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/254#pullrequestreview-19564416

---

From: Martin Thomson <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 01 Feb 2017 16:13:58 -0800

martinthomson commented on this pull request.

This isn't new text in this PR.  I'll probably just make a separate change for that.

This paragraph is the source of a lot of issues.  Vague requirements like this is exactly why I would prefer to solve #175.

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/254

---

From: janaiyengar <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 01 Feb 2017 16:47:49 -0800

janaiyengar approved this pull request.

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/254#pullrequestreview-19694785

---

From: Martin Thomson <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 01 Feb 2017 17:07:01 -0800

Merged #254.

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/254#event-945746491