Subject: Re: [quicwg/base-drafts] Move crypto to stream 0 (#247)

From: ianswett <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 02 Feb 2017 12:34:19 -0800

I'm now leaning towards the fact this is another special case, and special cases are bad unless there's a good reason for them. 

In normal operation, we expect this to not matter, and Marten made some fine arguments about how lack of flow control could cause issues without some careful implementation choices, so I lean towards keeping stream flow control for the crypto stream.  As such, I now also prefer it stay on stream 1, otherwise the window update frame has to change.

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/247#issuecomment-277075149

---

From: Martin Thomson <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 07 Feb 2017 21:22:05 -0800

I think that we are leaning towards not accepting this change.

@mnot, @larseggert, am I correct here? and how should we proceed now?

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/247#issuecomment-278232266

---

From: Mark Nottingham <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 07 Feb 2017 22:52:57 -0800

@MikeBishop any thoughts / change of mind?

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/247#issuecomment-278244385

---

From: Mike Bishop <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 08 Feb 2017 11:39:08 -0800

Closed #247.

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/247#event-954436358

---

From: Mike Bishop <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 08 Feb 2017 11:39:08 -0800

If stream flow control is staying, then of course it's not stream zero.  There's also #248, which questions the exemption from congestion control.  If we're going the route of saying that the crypto stream is still a regular stream (with all the controls that entails), then stream 1 makes the most sense.

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/247#issuecomment-278438200