Subject: [quicwg/base-drafts] Removes use of the word crypto (#316)

From: janaiyengar <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 17 Feb 2017 09:05:28 -0800

Replaces with cryptographic, and replaces "crypto cover" with "cryptographic processing"
You can view, comment on, or merge this pull request online at:

  https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/316

-- Commit Summary --

  * Removes use of the word crypto

-- File Changes --

    M draft-ietf-quic-transport.md (120)

-- Patch Links --

https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/316.patch
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/316.diff

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/316

---

From: Martin Thomson <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 19 Feb 2017 16:37:06 -0800

martinthomson commented on this pull request.

Missed one, also the wrapping looks a little narrower than 80.  It's fine for now, but I'll probably re-wrap those paragraphs if I have to change them.

-QUIC relies on a combined crypto and transport handshake to minimize connection
-establishment latency.  QUIC provides a dedicated stream (Stream ID 1) to be
-used for performing a combined connection and security handshake (streams are
-described in detail in {{streams}}).  The crypto handshake protocol encapsulates
-and delivers QUIC's transport handshake to the peer on the crypto stream.  The
-first QUIC packet sent by client to the server MUST carry handshake information
-as data on Stream ID 1.
+QUIC relies on a combined cryptographic and transport handshake to
+minimize connection establishment latency.  QUIC provides a dedicated
+stream (Stream ID 1) to be used for performing a combined connection
+and security handshake (streams are described in detail in
+{{streams}}).  The crypto handshake protocol encapsulates and delivers

"crypto"

> @@ -1688,8 +1695,9 @@ A StreamID of zero (0x0) is reserved and used for connection-level flow control
 frames ({{flow-control}}); the StreamID of zero cannot be used to establish a
 new stream.
 
-StreamID 1 (0x1) is reserved for the crypto handshake.  StreamID 1 MUST NOT be
-used for application data, and MUST be the first client-initiated stream.
+StreamID 1 (0x1) is reserved for the cryptographic handshake.

Do you have `fill-column` set to 80, or is it smaller?  If I remember rightly, emacs defaults to 76 or something like that.  `M-x customize-variable fill-column`

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/316#pullrequestreview-22674657

---

From: Martin Thomson <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 21 Feb 2017 15:56:02 -0800

This is now a noop and we can close it.

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/316#issuecomment-281521999

---

From: Martin Thomson <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 21 Feb 2017 15:56:03 -0800

Closed #316.

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/316#event-971705245

---

From: Martin Thomson <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 21 Feb 2017 15:59:41 -0800

Reopened #316.

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/316#event-971708770

---

From: Martin Thomson <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 21 Feb 2017 15:59:51 -0800

OK, not a noop, but behaving strangely.

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/316#issuecomment-281522690

---

From: Martin Thomson <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 21 Feb 2017 16:07:41 -0800

Merged #316.

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/316#event-971717024