Subject: [quicwg/base-drafts] Add a section on what to do when unprotecting a packet fails (#345)

From: Martin Thomson <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 23 Feb 2017 21:36:41 -0800

Closes #32.
You can view, comment on, or merge this pull request online at:

  https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/345

-- Commit Summary --

  * Add a section on what to do when unprotecting a packet fails (hint: throw it away)

-- File Changes --

    M draft-ietf-quic-tls.md (21)

-- Patch Links --

https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/345.patch
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/345.diff

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/345

---

From: Marten Seemann <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 23 Feb 2017 22:00:23 -0800

marten-seemann commented on this pull request.

> @@ -778,6 +778,21 @@ the connection that is hosted on stream 1.  This sequence number is not visible
 to QUIC.

+## Receiving Protected Packets
+
+Once an endpoint successfully receives a packet with a given packet number, it
+MUST discard all packets with higher packet numbers if they cannot be
+successfully unprotected with either the same key, or - if there is a key update
+- the next packet protection key (see {{key-update}}).  Similarly, a packet that

This can only work if these packets were queued previously (because they were undecryptable). Otherwise, they might already have been processed.

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/345#pullrequestreview-23653987

---

From: Martin Thomson <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 23 Feb 2017 22:02:19 -0800

martinthomson commented on this pull request.

 to QUIC.

To what do you refer?  What works?  What is queued?  (Sorry, I'm being dense probably.)

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/345#discussion_r102884084

---

From: Martin Thomson <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 23 Feb 2017 22:06:00 -0800

to QUIC.

Sorry, I get what you mean now.  Hmm, not sure what to recommend there.

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/345#discussion_r102884353