Subject: [quicwg/base-drafts] improve-sst-reference (#333)

From: Julian Reschke <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 21 Feb 2017 23:55:57 -0800

You can view, comment on, or merge this pull request online at:

  https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/333

-- Commit Summary --

  * improve-sst-reference

-- File Changes --

    M draft-ietf-quic-transport.md (6)

-- Patch Links --

https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/333.patch
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/333.diff

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/333

---

From: Martin Thomson <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 22 Feb 2017 00:13:37 -0800

martinthomson commented on this pull request.

> @@ -73,9 +73,11 @@ informative:
     title: "Structured Streams: A New Transport Abstraction"
     author:
       - ins: B. Ford
-    date: 2007-08
+    date: 2007-10

The paper contains a date of August 2007.  Where did you find the October date?

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/333#pullrequestreview-23156348

---

From: Julian Reschke <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 22 Feb 2017 00:20:40 -0800

reschke commented on this pull request.

over here: http://www.sigcomm.org/node/2648 - I guess August was the conference date, and October was the publication date.

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/333#discussion_r102404475

---

From: Lars Eggert <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 22 Feb 2017 02:04:38 -0800

larseggert commented on this pull request.

xml2rfc should be able to simply cite this paper by its DOI; see https://www.rfc-editor.org/pipermail/rfc-interest/2016-December/009805.html. (But I have no idea how to do this from kramdown.)

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/333#discussion_r102423710

---

From: Julian Reschke <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 22 Feb 2017 02:55:12 -0800

That would give you: https://xml2rfc.tools.ietf.org/public/rfc/bibxml-doi/reference.DOI.10.1145/1282427.1282421.xml?anchor=SST

~~~
<reference anchor='SST' >
  <front>
    <title>Structured streams</title>
    <author initials="B." surname="Ford" fullname="Bryan Ford">
      <organization></organization>
    </author>
    <date year="2007" month="October"/>
  </front>
  <seriesInfo name="ACM SIGCOMM Computer Communication Review" value="Vol. 37, pp. 361"/>
  <seriesInfo name="DOI" value="10.1145/1282427.1282421"/>
</reference>
~~~

...which is cool, but, for instance, doesn't have the direct link to the actual paper.

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/333#discussion_r102434343

---

From: Mike Bishop <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 22 Feb 2017 10:39:27 -0800

MikeBishop commented on this pull request.

Looking at the kramdown-rfc2629 code, it doesn't look like it yet supports the bibxml7 directory.  Here are the currently-supported references:

~~~
        "RFC" => "bibxml", "I-D" => "bibxml3", "W3C" => "bibxml4", "3GPP" => "bibxml5",
        "ANSI" => "bibxml2",
        "CCITT" => "bibxml2",
        "FIPS" => "bibxml2",
        "IANA" => "bibxml2",
        "IEEE" => "bibxml2",
        "ISO" => "bibxml2",
        "ITU" => "bibxml2",
        "NIST" => "bibxml2",
        "OASIS" => "bibxml2",
        "PKCS" => "bibxml2",
~~~

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/333#discussion_r102538756

---

From: janaiyengar <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 22 Feb 2017 23:39:45 -0800

janaiyengar commented on this pull request.

This is odd. This depends on how you write the ref. SIGCOMM was in Aug 2007, the current citation could say Proceedings of ACM SIGCOMM, August 2007.  ACM CCR carries all SIGCOMM publications in the next issue, as a special issue, which must have come out in Oct 2007. I'd keep the Proceedings date, since that's what's usually used.

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/333#discussion_r102654104

---

From: Lars Eggert <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 23 Feb 2017 00:17:38 -0800

Yeah, if you cite it as "proceedings", you cite the conference date. If you cite it as published in CCR, you cite the issue publication date.

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/333#discussion_r102659071

---

From: Martin Thomson <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 23 Feb 2017 03:13:33 -0800

Inspired by this, I learned a new appreciation (read: loathing) for ruby in the course of adding DOI support to kramdown.  It ended up consequential to solving a bunch of other problems.

See https://github.com/cabo/kramdown-rfc2629/pull/35

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/333#discussion_r102690980