Subject: [quicwg/base-drafts] Use the VERSION flag to identify 0-RTT packets (#207)

From: Martin Thomson <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 23 Jan 2017 16:26:27 -0800

This aligns the transport draft with the tls draft.

The primary reason for using this identification is that there are three types
of keys that are in concurrent use during a 0-RTT handshake: unprotected
(cleartext), 0-RTT and 1-RTT.  Identifying 0-RTT packets this way allows the
server to avoid trial decryption.
You can view, comment on, or merge this pull request online at:

  https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/207

-- Commit Summary --

  * Use the VERSION flag to identify 0-RTT packets

-- File Changes --

    M draft-ietf-quic-transport.md (12)

-- Patch Links --

https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/207.patch
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/207.diff

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/207

---

From: Martin Thomson <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 24 Jan 2017 18:02:38 -0800

@martinthomson pushed 1 commit.

223fd75  Require both version negotiation AND 1-RTT keys

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
View it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/207/files/7c41ea00b07e8c10fd29e5047f5f614e48b4597b..223fd75c121fcf3ffcb8eb7312034d617ac1b37b

---

From: Martin Thomson <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 31 Jan 2017 20:11:45 -0800

@janaiyengar, I've updated this based on the agreement we came to.  Can you confirm and merge?

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/207#issuecomment-276567834