Subject: [quicwg/base-drafts] Remove app read_|write_close events from the state machine (#182)

From: Martin Thomson <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 19 Jan 2017 23:04:33 -0800

The app read_close and write_close events aren't defined any place other than a diagram.  I don't believe that it is appropriate to have state transitions that aren't signaled to the remote peer.

I propose removing these, which only requires that the state diagram be adjusted.

This also closes #53, because that was the last diagram that exceeded the line length limits.
You can view, comment on, or merge this pull request online at:

  https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/182

-- Commit Summary --

  * Remove app read_|write_close events from the state machine

-- File Changes --

    M draft-ietf-quic-transport.md (80)

-- Patch Links --

https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/182.patch
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/182.diff

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/182

---

From: Martin Thomson <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 30 Jan 2017 21:26:15 -0800

These events currently do not exist (they are not described), nor are they used.  That doesn't mean that we wouldn't need to revisit this if we decided to go with a simple solution to #175 or if we wanted to optimize further.  If we do that, we would need to describe these actions more thoroughly, including an explanation of the fact that the transport might be ignorant of these changes, the higher-layer protocol might include signals that ensure that these state transitions are coherent.

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/182#issuecomment-276278391