Subject: [quicwg/base-drafts] Don't resend *all* packets in version negotiation (#196)

From: ekr <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 22 Jan 2017 20:50:39 -0800

"
   When the client receives a Version Negotiation packet from the
   server, it should select an acceptable protocol version.  If the
   server lists an acceptable version, the client selects that version
   and resends all packets using that version.  The resent packets MUST
   use new packet numbers.  These packets MUST continue to have the
   VERSION flag set and MUST include the new negotiated protocol
   version."

There might be some packets which should not be re-sent if, for instance, they are not relevant for this version of QUIC

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/196

---

From: ianswett <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 23 Jan 2017 02:15:24 -0800

Also, given they have new packet numbers and the framing of a version may change, we should talk about retransmitting frames, not packets in this section.

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/196#issuecomment-274448248

---

From: Martin Thomson <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 23 Jan 2017 17:42:52 -0800

I think that this instead needs to say something more generic: start over.  Marking this as editorial (let me know if you disagree).

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/196#issuecomment-274676010

---

From: ianswett <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 24 Jan 2017 05:26:06 -0800

Agreed, start over is the correct answer.

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/196#issuecomment-274801789