Subject: [quicwg/base-drafts] Unnecessary normative reference to RFC7540 (#172)

From: Mike Bishop <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 18 Jan 2017 09:49:56 -0800

QUIC's flow control and stream states are similar to and modeled after HTTP/2.  That makes RFC7540 a great *informative* reference.  However, reading RFC7540 isn't (or shouldn't be) required to implement QUIC, so they shouldn't be normative.
You can view, comment on, or merge this pull request online at:

  https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/172

-- Commit Summary --

  * Those RFC7540 references aren't really normative.

-- File Changes --

    M draft-ietf-quic-transport.md (6)

-- Patch Links --

https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/172.patch
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/172.diff

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/172

---

From: Martin Thomson <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 18 Jan 2017 12:54:19 -0800

Merged #172.

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/172#event-928133823