Subject: Re: [quicwg/base-drafts] Decouple QUIC version and ALPN (#12)

From: Mike Bishop <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 12 Jan 2017 15:57:23 -0800

This is decoupled per the changes in #122 (which are mired in a separate discussion).  Whether #122 gets merged before -01 snaps or not, let's confirm that this issue is resolved acceptably at the interim.

In -00, the text was this:

> The ALPN identifier for the protocol MUST be specific to the QUIC version that it operates over.

The text in #122 currently says:

> The application-layer protocol MAY restrict the QUIC versions that it can operate over.  Servers MUST select an application protocol compatible with the QUIC version that the client has selected.

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/12#issuecomment-272322034

---

From: Mark Nottingham <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 24 Jan 2017 18:08:51 -0800

Discussed in Tokyo; same as #97, now a dup.

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/12#issuecomment-274999519

---

From: Mark Nottingham <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 24 Jan 2017 18:08:51 -0800

Closed #12.

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/12#event-935518204