Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-problem-process-04.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 12 Jan 2004 16:07:16 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Problem Statement Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: IETF Problem Resolution Process
	Author(s)	: E. Davies, J. Hofmann
	Filename	: draft-ietf-problem-process-04.txt
	Pages		: 22
	Date		: 2004-1-12
	
This document suggests processes to address some of the problems
identified in the IETF Problem Statement.
This document decomposes each of the problems described in the
problem statement into a few areas for improvement, categorizes them
either as problems affecting the routine processes used to create
standards or problems affecting the fundamental structure and
practices of the IETF, and suggests ways to address the problems with
the routine processes that can be implemented as soon as possible
without disrupting other areas of the IETF processes.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-problem-process-04.txt

To remove yourself from the IETF Announcement list, send a message to 
ietf-announce-request with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ietf-problem-process-04.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-problem-process-04.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.

---

From: "Elwyn Davies" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 13 Jan 2004 10:33:07 -0000

FYI...

The new version of the draft adds in the note about the status of the
contents discussed during Last Call.

Regards,
Elwyn

> -----Original Message-----
> From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] 
> Sent: 12 January 2004 21:07
> Cc: [email-masked]
> Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-problem-process-04.txt
> 
>