Subject: Last Call: 'IETF Problem Statement' to Informational RFC

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 09 Dec 2003 11:28:40 -0500

The IESG has received a request from the Problem Statement WG to consider 
the following document:

- 'IETF Problem Statement'
   <draft-ietf-problem-issue-statement-05.txt> as an Informational RFC

Despite this document being intended for Informational status, the WG has
recommended that an IETF Last Call be issued for the document, since the
document is important for the IETF community.

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits
final comments on this action.  Please send any comments to the
[email-masked] or [email-masked] mailing lists by 2003-12-23.

The file can be obtained via
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-problem-issue-statement-05.txt

---

From: <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 12 Dec 2003 15:18:20 +0200

Hi all,

> [email-masked] or [email-masked] mailing lists by 2003-12-23.

Some small comments:

1) Section 1:

> Discussions over the last year or more have shown that a significant

May want to provide a year, for historical purposed.

2) Sections 1.4 through 1.7 should be dropped when the document is
published, I don't think we need to carry the document history.

3) I think a disclaimer should be added to the document.  I am not
exactly sure of what kind, but the document's tone is too authoratative.
Reading now, the document reads as if there was strong agreement from
all quarters of the IETF.  I don't think the Problem WG has strong 
agreement on all aspects of the document, so perhaps some disclaimer
needs to be added, so that when people read this who were not involved
in the discussions do not get the wrong opinion.

John