Subject: New versions of issues and process drafts

From: "Elwyn Davies" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 3 Nov 2003 14:45:12 -0000

Hi.

New versions of the two problem drafts have been sent to the I-D editor but
they haven't made it to the IETF server yet. They are:
draft-ietf-problem-issue-summary-05.txt
draft-ietf-problem-process-03.txt

In the meantime they can be accessed here:
http://www.alvestrand.no/ietf/gen/

FYI, the changes are:
[issue summary]
1.8 Major Changes between Versions 04 and 05

   o  Added a bullet in Section 2.2 indicating lack of documentation of
      potential protocol interactions.

   o  Two bullet points have been merged in Section 2.2 relating to the
      need for metrics and 'post mortem' reviews to improve processes.

   o  In Section 2.3 Pointed out the probable connection between
      inadequate external review and late detection of interactions.

   o  The last paragraphs of Section 2.6.4 and Section 2.6.5 have been
      toned down.

   o  The lack of a process to nominate a stand-in for a temporarily
      incapacitated AD has been noted in Section 2.6.2.

   o  Various spelling and grammatical errors have been fixed and some
      phraseology cleaned up.

[process]
1.3 Major Changes between Versions 02 and 03

   The draft now lists the various suggestions that have been floated as
   ways forward for the structural changes problems, documents the
   inability of the community to achieve consensus around any of these
   proposals and suggests that the problem is remitted to the control of
   the IESG.

Regards,
Elwyn

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
------

Elwyn B Davies

        Routing and Addressing Strategy Prime & IPv6 Core Team Leader
        CTO Office, Portfolio Integration		Solutions Ready

        Nortel Networks plc			Email:
[email-masked]
        Harlow Laboratories     			ESN
6-742-5498
        London Road, Harlow,    			Direct Line
+44-1279-405498
        Essex, CM17 9NA, UK     		Fax
+44-1279-402047
        Registered Office: 			Maidenhead Office Park,
Westacott Way,
        Company No. 3937799			Maidenhead, Berkshire, SSL6
3QH
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
This message may contain information proprietary to Nortel Networks plc so
any
unauthorised disclosure, copying or distribution of its contents is strictly
prohibited.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
"The Folly is mostly mine"
and the opinions are mine and not those of my employer.
============================================================================
======