Subject: RE: ADs who are also WG chairs

From: "Hallam-Baker, Phillip" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 6 Jul 2003 06:47:07 -0700

> Once again, 'democratic' is not one of our core principle, AFAIK. 
> Running code & rough consensus is the IETF core principle.

No, the core principle is top down organization, control by the few.

Consensus or running code did not enter into the DNSEXT OPTIN
process.

If the IESG has any value it will refuse the DNSSEC specs as
broken of its own accord. Instead however it will be too timid
to challenge Randy.

What "consensus" means is people are too frightened to rock the
boat lest their behavior cause someone who is obstructionist 
and determined to get their own way start blocking your projects
in retaliation.

		Phill

---

From: James Seng <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 07 Jul 2003 14:12:58 +0800

You reach this conclusion from..erm 1 wg out of 100+ wgs in IETF?

Assuming it is indeed a failure (and you have not convience me that 
there is a process failure in DNSEXT), you cannot extend one example to 
all other wgs.

Sorry, your story dont sell.

-James Seng