Subject: RE: MAJOR ISSUE: Causes of "problems"

From: "Hallam-Baker, Phillip" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 4 Jul 2003 15:46:43 -0700

> ] Well it is hardly surprising that companies would insist that a
> ] protocol they are being asked to support actually support their
> ] business model.
> 
> hardly surprising, no.  reasonable, not in the least.
> 
> IETF does not exist to allow companies to screw other 
> companies.  or for that
> matter, to screw users.

Apparently you believe it exists to allow a group of self selected
individuals to exercise their infantile political agendas in which anything
a corporation does must be considered evil.

What if the users vote for Internet Explorer? Or do their views only count
to the extent they agree with you? If they disagree their opinions MUST be
the result of some sort of false conciousness.

		Phill

---

From: Keith Moore <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 4 Jul 2003 18:54:43 -0400

] > IETF does not exist to allow companies to screw other 
] > companies.  or for that matter, to screw users.
] 
] Apparently you believe it exists to allow a group of self selected
] individuals to exercise their infantile political agendas in which anything
] a corporation does must be considered evil.

yawn.

---

From: Melinda Shore <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 04 Jul 2003 19:24:49 -0400

> a corporation does must be considered evil.

While this is fascinating, let's keep the discussion focused
on the business at hand, which is progressing the two
documents.

Melinda