Subject: Re: Hearing and Speaking Problems for Non-Native Englishspeakingparticipants.

From: "[email-masked]" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 17 Jul 2003 08:52:26 -0400

Dear Ted,

Of COURSE WG chairs ask the most contentious mike speakers to take minutes
during the meeting... 

Expect to see more helpful hints like this as we continue to develop WG
chair training!

:}

Spencer

Original Message:
-----------------
From: Ted Lemon [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 17 Jul 2003 11:30:15 +0200
To: [email-masked], [email-masked],
[email-masked]
Subject: Re: Hearing and Speaking Problems for Non-Native
Englishspeakingparticipants.

On Wednesday 16 July 2003 21:30, [email-masked] wrote:
> This does point up the difference between scribe notes and WG minutes. In
> most cases I've been involved with, we've had the choice of "he said/she
> said" notes with all the details, or summaries without all the details. We
> have the possibility of publishing BOTH, and I think Jabber would help us
> make this happen.
>
> And what do others think?

I'm a bit puzzled as to why we don't just record the entire meeting from
the 
sound board, and do the minutes off of a complete transcript.   This would 
provide a nice incentive for non-mike-talkers, and it's a lot more reliable 
than relying on random scribes, particularly since the scribes in question 
are usually active participants in the wg whose comments are lost when they 
go up to the microphone.

--------------------------------------------------------------------
mail2web - Check your email from the web at
http://mail2web.com/ .