Subject: MINOR ISSUE: Linkage between training and lack of clear mission

From: Harald Tveit Alvestrand <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 20 Jun 2003 21:27:46 +0200

-issue- section 2.7 says:

2.7 IETF Participants and Leaders are Inadequately Prepared for their
    Roles

   Participants and leaders at all levels in the IETF need to be taught
   the principles of the organization (Mission and Architecture(s)) and
   trained in carrying out the processes which they have to use in
   developing specifications, etc.

ISSUE: The lack of training in missison and architecture needs to be linked 
explicitly to the lack of an explicit mission and architecture - it is very 
hard to train people in what has not been made explicit.

SUGGESTED RESOLUTION: Insert a reference to section 2.1 - "Part of the 
reason for the lack of training in these principles is that explicit 
formulation of the principles are not generally agreed - see section 2.1"

---

From: <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 20 Jun 2003 22:35:34 +0300

Hi Harald,

I agree.

John

> -----Original Message-----
> From: ext Harald Tveit Alvestrand [mailto:[email-masked]]
> Sent: 20 June, 2003 22:28
> To: [email-masked]
> Subject: MINOR ISSUE: Linkage between training and lack of 
> clear mission
> 
>