Subject: RE: WG Quality Processes WG

From: <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 3 Jun 2003 06:39:21 +0300

Hi Spencer,

> We had already started a discussion this morning about
> how we organize to do "small chunks of work". It seems
> to me that we are headed toward small process changes,
> as opposed to "feed the IESG to pigs and start over",
> so the "small chunks of work" discussion seems applicable
> to process work as well.

In a way, does it matter?  Even if we feed the IESG to the 
pigs, there are still a lot of small things that need to
be fixed.  What is needed is for people to bite off part
of the problem and start working on it.  Of course, having
some co-ordination so there isn't a mad-stampede to the
buffet.

John

---

From: Jari Arkko <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 03 Jun 2003 07:05:43 +0300

[email-masked] wrote:
> of the problem and start working on it. 

I agree with John here. This group seems a bit stuck in
its (very IETF-like) approach of trying to understand
the whole picture completely and agreeing on everything
before being able to take the first step.

--Jari

P.S. I don't believe we should feed the IESG to the pigs,
or anyone else for that matter.

---

From: "Spencer Dawkins" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 3 Jun 2003 07:21:40 -0500

Just so I'm clearer than previously, this was not a suggestion
to feed the IESG to the pigs. What I was trying to say was,
it looks like the bulk of this work will be small chunks of 
evolution, not big chunks of revolution, based on input on
this list so far, so we need to be organizing to do small chunks
of work effectively.

Spencer

----- Original Message ----- 
From: <[email-masked]>
To: <[email-masked]>; <[email-masked]>
Sent: Monday, June 02, 2003 10:39 PM
Subject: RE: WG Quality Processes WG

Hi Spencer,

John

---

From: Keith Moore <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 3 Jun 2003 12:03:45 -0400

> This group seems a bit stuck in

Funny, to me the IETF-like approach seems to be working on solutions before
the problems are understood, and then getting frustrated when people realize
late in the process (or even afterward) that the solution doesn't solve the
problem and want to change it.