Subject: Lets discuss what we all agree about

From: "Bound, Jim" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 28 May 2003 23:41:33 -0400

I am doing what I said and re-reading our drafts and working on that for
my own peace of mind.  They are good too. More on that if I find bugs.
Day job is demanding next few weeks though more than usual, but I try. 

But............Two points

I was just getting ready to crash (uh. hipster talk for going to sleep)
and the IETF problem-statement working group was in my head (this is
very bad) and I thought about some smart person that said "why don't we
discuss where we agree first" kinda like ecumenical view for moving
forward in discussion.  That might work.  Point two below will prove
that this works.

In my country in U.S. we have this document called the constitution and
its a life long study for me but it is very small and dense.  I like it
but I am what is called a strict constitutionalist.  In others words
don't change it unless it is really really necessary ergo like Women
being able to vote, antitrust IMO was a good idea (Teddy Roosevelt one
of my historical heros), and obviously all get to vote and express
themselves, but yelling fire in a theatre is not cool. Would like to see
all men are created equal to all "people" but creation causes
polarization and that is not good.  Now my point.  If the ITU came to
our process here and said let me help you structure the IETF just like
the ITU and we will help you expand your processes just like ours and
set you right up with a bunch of really good rules.  I think 99% of this
list would band together and reject that idea and some of us would want
to feed them to pigs :--)

We do agree on lot of things and none of us want more process but
possibly short clear ammendmants to enhance our capabilities as a body
and add some escape clauses for fairness for tomorrow.

P.S. TRIVIA:  The original pledge allegiance to the flag we do in the
U.S. written by a minister in 1890's did not have GOD in the script that
got done in the 1950's during the McCarthy years and a paranoid state in
our history, very bad update as one bad example
IMO (not because I do or do not believe in some god but because it has
nothing to do with my allegiance to my country or my service there of)
:--)

Goodnight and I will not dream about our problem-statement I refuse :--)
Feeding persons to pigs, well maybe :--)

/jim