Subject: RE: Example of the One Liners out of context

From: "Bound, Jim" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 26 May 2003 19:04:26 -0400

> i do not think that adding a process director to the iesg is 
> constructive, and would be in fact destructive.  we don't 
> need to politicize the wgs, iesg, secretariat as we already 
> have this wg. we should leave some parts of the organization 
> to do actual ietf work.

No one is suggesting a process director?  I have no idea what your
talking about above and cannot parse it at all?  What are you talking
about?  No mail below to reference?

> 
> and all this seems like so much red herring, without even 
> sour cream, but plenty of confrontationalism, polarization, 
> etc.  no real substance, all politics, at which we engnineers 
> are so expert (not).  so we destroy our organization and our 
> culture with it. omplalo-sepsis.

What is "all this"?

> 
> dunno about you, but i spent years in the iso, ieee, ansi, 
> ...  i came here to get engineering work done, not play 
> amateur power politics, voting blocks, ....  the focus on 
> real work has been the ietf's strength and the root of its 
> success.  i suggest we play to our strengths, not 
> divisiveness, mud-slinging, and demagoguery.

I agree with this. But now it has much failure and a there appears to be
a problem.

/jim

> randy