Subject: Soliciting Comments on draft-melnikov-pop3-over-tls-00
From: Mykyta Yevstifeyev <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked], [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 15 May 2011 13:48:15 +0300
List-Id: <ietf-pop3ext.imc.org>

Hello all,

Alexey Melnikov an I have undertaken an attempt to document the POP3 
over TLS binding (aka POP3S).  The corresponding I-D is 
draft-melnikov-pop3-over-tls-00 can be found here:

http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-melnikov-pop3-over-tls-00

The draft replaces old draft-yevstifeyev-pops-uri-scheme 
(http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-yevstifeyev-pops-uri-scheme-03) you 
should be aware of.  The new document contains more detailed description 
of different issues concerning POP3S; however the main issue is 
TRANSACTION vs. AUTHORIZATION state after TLS handshake and the way of 
signaling it.

I'd like to ask you to provide your comments on this draft, not limited 
to aforementioned issue only.  Please, while responding, keep all 
recipient addresses in the message.

Mykyta Yevstifeyev

P.S.  The most appropriate list for discussing this draft is certainly 
ietf-pop3ext, but I think it will be useful to direct the message to tls 
list in order to allow TLS experts review and comment it.  Mykyta