Subject: [perpass] [[email-masked]: Last Call: <draft-hardie-privsec-metadata-insertion-05.txt> (Design considerations for Metadata Insertion) to Informational RFC]

From: Stephane Bortzmeyer <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 31 Jan 2017 10:16:43 +0100

Read and comment!

Subject: Last Call: <draft-hardie-privsec-metadata-insertion-05.txt> (Design considerations for Metadata Insertion) to Informational RFC
From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
To: "IETF-Announce" <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 24 Jan 2017 09:46:07 -0800
List-Id: "IETF announcement list. No discussions." <ietf-announce.ietf.org>

The IESG has received a request from an individual submitter to consider
the following document:
- 'Design considerations for Metadata Insertion'
  <draft-hardie-privsec-metadata-insertion-05.txt> as Informational RFC

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits
final comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2017-02-21. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the
beginning of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   The IAB has published [RFC7624] in response to several revelations of
   pervasive attack on Internet communications.  This document considers
   the implications of protocol designs which associate metadata with
   encrypted flows.  In particular, it asserts that designs which do so
   by explicit actions of the end system are preferable to designs in
   which middleboxes insert them.

The file can be obtained via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-hardie-privsec-metadata-insertion/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-hardie-privsec-metadata-insertion/ballot/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.

There are some minor nits noted by I-D nits that we'll fix as we go.