Subject: [payload] IPR Disclosure: Microsoft Corporation's Statement about IPR related to RFC 6190

From: IETF Secretariat <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 12 Dec 2012 09:36:25 -0800

Dear Thomas Schierl, Alex Eleftheriadis, Stephan Wenger, Ye-Kui Wang:

 An IPR disclosure that pertains to your RFC entitled "RTP Payload Format for
Scalable Video Coding" (RFC6190) was submitted to the IETF Secretariat on
2012-12-10 and has been posted on the "IETF Page of Intellectual Property Rights
Disclosures" (https://datatracker.ietf.org/ipr/1937/). The title of the IPR
disclosure is "Microsoft Corporation's Statement about IPR related to RFC
6190."");

The IETF Secretariat

---

From: Harald Alvestrand <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 14 Dec 2012 12:28:59 +0100

> disclosure is "Microsoft Corporation's Statement about IPR related to RFC

This is an interesting IPR disclosure.

The disclosure relates to "NA" patents and "None" unpublished pending 
patent applications.

As far as I can tell, it's an IPR disclosure that does not disclose any 
IPR - not even if any IPR exists.

Is there a way to mark such disclosures as either "useless" or "not in 
conformance with IETF IPR rules"?