Subject: [nmrg] [Netsoft 2018] Deadline extension - January 11, 2018

From: Kohei Shiomoto <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 20 Dec 2017 11:56:31 +0900

Deadline of NetSoft 2018 is extended to January 11, 2018.

Apologies if you received multiple copies.

Season's Greetings!

+---------------------------------------------------------------------------------+

|                Call for Papers, Tutorials, Workshops and 
Demos                  |

| |

|                               IEEE NetSoft 
2018                                 |

|                    The 4th IEEE International Conference 
on                     |

|                             Network 
Softwarization                              |

|                     “Achieving smart network 
softwarization”                    |

|                        25-29 June 2018, Montreal, 
Canada                        |

| http://ieee-netsoft.org |

|                                                                        |

|              Extended Paper Submission Deadline: January 11, 
2018               |

+---------------------------------------------------------------------------------+

The  4th  IEEE   International Conference on Network Softwarization 
(NetSoft 2018)

will  be  held on June 25-29, 2018  at Concordia  University  in 
Montreal, Canada.

IEEE  NetSoft  has  been  created  as  a flagship conference aiming at  
addressing

"Softwarization"  of  networks  and  systemic trends  concerning  the  
convergence

of  Cloud  Computing,  Software-Defined Networking (SDN),  and  Network  
Function

Virtualization (NFV). IEEE   Netsoft  is technically co-sponsored  by   
the  IEEE

Communications Society and the IEEE Computer Society.

Scope

-----

The  telecommunications  landscape  is expected to change radically  
in   the  next

few  years.  Pervasive  ultra-broadband, programmable  networks, and  
cost reduction

of IT systems   are   paving  the   way  to new  services   and  
commoditization of

telecommunications infrastructure  while lowering entrance barriers for 
new players

and giving rise to  new value  chains. While this results in 
considerable challenges

for service providers, this transformation also  brings unprecedented 
opportunities

for the Digital Society and  the Digital Economy  related to emerging  
new  services

and applications. Examples include  Tactile Internet of Things, 
Industry  4.0, Cloud

Robotics, and Artificial Intelligence. 5G will both accelerate and 
exploit this huge

transformation, and as such, smart networking with embedded AI 
techniques leveraging

NFV  and  SDN becomes essential. This will be made possible through the 
exploitation

of  massive  network  data  with  analytic tools  and  machine  
learning,  allowing

for proactive management of softwarized infrastructures.

This trend will be reflected in NetSoft 2018 in the various topics of 
interest under

the theme "Achieving smart network softwarization"  and the conference 
will serve as

a forum to discuss the latest advances in this area.

Topics of interest

------------------

NetSoft 2018 will  feature technical paper presentations, keynotes, 
tutorials, demos

and  exhibitions from world-leading experts representing service 
providers, vendors,

research institutes, open source projects, and academia. Additionally, 
topical work-

shops  will  be  co-located  so various call for  proposals are issued.  
The topics

of interest include, but are not limited to:

- Programmable SDN and NFV

- Softwarized cloud, fog, and edge infrastructures

- Cognitive and autonomic networking

- Network slicing and slice management

- Policy-Based Networking and Intent-Based Networking in Software-Defined

   Infrastructures

- Centralized vs Distributed control, management & orchestration

- Abstractions and virtualization of resources, services, and functions

- Service function chaining

- Container/microservice-based network functions

- Real-time operations and efficient network/service monitoring in SDN/NFV

- Analytics and big data approaches for managing softwarized networks

- QoS and QoE in softwarized infrastructures

- Resilience, reliability, and robustness of softwarized networks

- Mobility/Security/Safety/Trust support in virtualized environments

- SDN switch/router architecture and design

- APIs, protocols, and languages for programmable networks

- Lifecycle management of network software

- Debugging and introspection of software-defined virtualized systems

- Transition strategies from existing networks to SDN/NFV

- Softwarized platforms for Internet of Things (IoT)

- New service models and paradigms enabled by softwarization

- New value chains and business models

- Socio-economic impact and regulatory implications for softwarization

- Energy efficient and green SDI

- Experience reports from experimental testbeds and deployments

Call for Submissions

--------------------

This trend will be reflected in NetSoft 2018 in the various topics of 
interest under

Researchers  are  invited  to submit technical papers, tutorial, demo 
and  workshop

proposals that fall into the conference's topics  of  interest. 
Deadlines are:

- Technical Papers: December 18, 2017 January 11, 2018

- Workshop Proposals: December 15, 2017

- Tutorial Proposals: January 15, 2018

- Demo Proposals: May 4, 2018

Accepted  and  presented  technical  papers will  be  published  in  the 
conference

proceedings and submitted for publication to IEEE Xplore.

For  more  details about  submission format and procedure, please check

http://ieee-netsoft.org/authors

General Co-Chairs

-----------------

- Prosper Chemouil, Orange Labs, France

- Noura Limam, University of Waterloo, Canada

TPC Co-Chairs

-------------

- Chadi Assi, Concordia University, Canada

- Lisandro Zambenedetti Granville, UFRGS, Brazil

- Imen Grida Ben Yahia, Orange Labs, France

Workshop Co-Chairs

------------------

Alex Galis, UCL, UK

Abdelkader Lahmadi, University of Lorraine, France

Tutorial Co-Chairs

------------------

Baek-Young Choi, University of Missouri-Kansas City, USA

Daniel Migault, Ericsson Research, Canada

Demo Co-Chairs

--------------

Jérôme François, Inria, France

Rashid Mijumbi, Nokia Bell Labs, Ireland

Jeebak Mitra, Huawei, Canada