Subject: [nmrg] Call for Presentations: NMRG Workshop on Measurement-Based Network Management (IETF Meeting Prague)

From: Ramin Sadre <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 24 Jun 2017 08:58:44 +0200

[Apologies for possibly receiving multiple copies of this mail]

Call for Presentations
Workshop on Measurement-Based Network Management
(43rd NMRG meeting)

Location: Prague, Czech Republic
Date:  Monday morning, July 17, 2017 at 9:30
Venue: IETF 99 Meeting in Prague.

Measurement-based approaches are widely used in network management, such as
for link monitoring, accounting and security. As in the previous years, the
goal of this workshop is to be a place where researchers, operators and
manufactures can exchange and discuss their experiences and ideas in the
usage of measurements for network management.

Topics of interest are new applications of measurements in the above
mentioned and other areas, practical experiences, and recent developments,
for example:
 - NetFlow/IPFIX and other flow technologies
 - measurements for security management
 - visualization of measurement data
 - measurement software and hardware projects and tools
 - measurements in software-defined networks
 - measurement-based management of Internet of Things (IoT)
 - measurement-based management of specific environments, such as mobile networks
   or datacenters

Presentations typically last around 20 minutes (depending on the number of
accepted presentations), followed by discussion rounds.

To propose a presentation, please send a short abstract (~10 lines) to the
workshop chairs Ramin Sadre ([email-masked]) and Ricardo de O. Schmidt
([email-masked]) by
     July 3rd, 2017.

You might also be interested to take a look at the program and minutes of
previous NMRG meetings and workshops:
  http://trac.tools.ietf.org/group/irtf/trac/wiki/NetworkManagementResearchGroup

On behalf of the workshop chairs.

Ramin Sadre