Subject: [nmrg] Special Issue of the International Journal on Network Management (IJNM) on Security for Emerging Open Networking Technologies

From: Carol Fung <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 7 Feb 2017 10:34:30 -0500

[Apologies for cross and multiple postings]

**********************************************************************
                          Call for papers

                        Special Issue of the
          International Journal on Network Management (IJNM) on
           Security for Emerging Open Networking Technologies

Submission deadline: March 1st, 2017
Publication: September 2017
PDF version: http://goo.gl/4tIMhV
**********************************************************************

Emerging open networking technologies and paradigms, such as
Software-Defined Networking (SDN), Network Function Virtualization
(NFV), and programmable networks, are reshaping the way networks are
designed, deployed, and managed. The benefits are manifold, including
an unprecedented flexibility for network operation and management, and
a favorable environment for delivering innovative network applications
and services. However, this paradigm shift brings a multitude of
security challenges that have to be addressed in order to provide
secure, trustworthy, and privacy-preserving data communication and
network services. Addressing these challenges may require not only
revisiting existing solutions (e.g., for intrusion detection, privacy
preserving, and resilience against attacks), but also designing novel
security and resilience schemes tailored to the specific design of
open networking technologies and infrastructures.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Topics of Interest:

This special issue of the International Journal of Network Management
aims to put focus on the state-of-the-art advances, contributions and
solutions to security-related challenges arising with emergent open
networking technologies. We seek new and unpublished contributions
addressing issues in the Security for Emerging Open Network
Technologies including, but not limited to:
- Secure and resilient design and deployment of open networking
technologies
- Privacy-preserving solutions
- Security models and threats
- Security and privacy properties and policies
- Verification and enforcement of security properties
- Trust and identity management
- NFV-based security functions and services
- Security of software-defined infrastructures, protocols and
interfaces
- Security and availability management
- Security for Internet of Things
- Intrusion detection, tolerance, and prevention
- Network forensics and auditing
- Detection and resilience against large-scale distributed attacks
- Security of programmable components
- Security-related business and legal aspects
- Security challenges and trends for open networking  technologies

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Important Dates:

- Submission Deadline: March 1st, 2017
- Author Notification: May 15th, 2017
- Revision Deadline: July 1st, 2017
- Final Decision: August 1st, 2017
- Camera Ready: August 15th, 2017
- Publication: September 1st, 201

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Guest Editors:

- Carol Fung, Virginia Commonwealth  University,  USA
- Mohamed Faten Zhani, École de Technologie Supérieure, Canada
- Weverton Cordeiro, UFRGS, Brazil
- Jérôme François, Inria Nancy Grand Est, France

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Author Instructions:

Authors must submit their papers in PDF format to
http://mc.manuscriptcentral.com/nem

Submissions should not exceed 20 pages (double-space). Author
instructions are
available at:
http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/journal/10.1002/(ISSN)
1099-1190/homepage/ForAuthors.html

The LaTeX template can be found at:
http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/journal/10.1002/(ISSN)
1099-1190/homepage/latex_class_file.htm

All submissions will be peer-reviewed. In case of acceptance, the
camera-ready version has to take into account reviewers’ comments and
must follow the template’s requirements.

____________________________________________________________
_____________________________
Network Softwarization  - Mailing List (Software Defined Infrastructures
for Networks, Clouds, IoT and Services)
[email-masked]
http://mailman.ee.ucl.ac.uk/mailman/listinfo/netsoft-list