Subject: [nmrg] RG Last Call on Autonomic Networking Use Case for Distributed Detection of SLA Violations

From: Laurent Ciavaglia <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 25 Jan 2017 08:21:55 +0100

Dear NMRG,

At IETF97/Seoul, the authors of the document "Autonomic Networking Use 
Case for Distributed Detection of SLA Violations" 
(https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-irtf-nmrg-autonomic-sla-violation-detection) 
assessed their work was mature and asked for a RG last call.

This e-mail starts a two-weeks period for evaluation of this document by 
the RG.
Please provide your feedback on the NMRG mailing list by February 8th, 2017.

Thanks, best regards, Laurent.
--

---

From: "Alexander Clemm" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 29 Jan 2017 18:17:11 -0800

Hi,

As one of the coauthors, I support this draft to be advanced.  This is a
fairly small draft, but I think one important issue that it raises, besides
calling out the use case of needing to ensure that SLA violations are
detected (maximizing the likelihood of detecting violated service level
thresholds, as opposed to maximizing other things such as coverage),
concerns the issue of distributing and decentralizing the logic for this
across the network, as opposed to relying on central coordination.  Clearly,
this is an issue for potentially contentious debate, but I think it may be
worthwhile having requirements for this possibility spelled out.  

--- Alex