Subject: [nmrg] CFP of IEEE ICESS Conference in Liverpool, UK, 25-27 June 2012

From: "Chris-Lei.Liu" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 11 Feb 2012 21:56:58 +0800

[Please accept our apologies if you receive multiple copies of this email]

*********************IEEE ICESS-2012 CFP ****************************

The 9th IEEE International Conference on Embedded Software and Systems
(ICESS-2012) to be held in Liverpool, England, UK, 25-27 June 2012 

http://www.scim.brad.ac.uk/~hmibrahi/ICESS2012/ 

Sponsored by IEEE, IEEE Computer Society and IEEE Technical Committee of
Scalable Computing (TCSC)

INTRODUCTION

=============

Embedded software and systems are closely related to our daily life, which
reside from smart appliances to unmanned trains. As the fastest growing
industry, embedded systems will have great societal and environmental
impacts. Therefore, the design and implementation of safe and efficient
embedded software and systems have utmost importance.

The 9th IEEE International Conference on Embedded Software and Systems
(ICESS-2012) will be held during June 25-27, 2012, in Liverpool, UK, a
fantastic and popular tourist city destination in the UK. Several areas of
the city centre were granted World Heritage Site status by UNESCO in 2004.
Referred to as the Liverpool Maritime Mercantile City, the site comprises
six separate locations in the city including the Pier Head, Albert Dock and
William Brown Street and includes many of the city's most famous landmarks.
The conference follows the success of IEEE ICESS-2011 in Changsha, China,
and IEEE ICESS-2010 in Bradford, UK.

The goal of IEEE ICESS-2012 is to provide a forum for scientists, engineers
and researchers to discuss and exchange novel ideas, results, experiences
and work-in-progress on all aspects of embedded software and systems.

SCOPE AND TOPICS

================

IEEE ICESS-2012 is an international forum for presenting and discussing
emerging ideas and trends in embedded software and systems from both the
research community as well as the industry. Topics of interest include, but
are not limited to:

* Systems, Models and Algorithms Track

  -   Embedded Real-Time Systems

  -   Embedded Hardware and Architectures

  -   Embedded Software/Agent

  -   Power Aware Computing

  -   Distributed Embedded Computing

  -   Pervasive/Ubiquitous Computing

  -   Fault Tolerant & Trusted Embedded Systems

  -   System on Chip (SoC) and Multicore Systems

  -   Embedded Real-Time Operating Systems

  -   Mobile Computing

  -   Reconfigurable Computing

  -   Cyber-Physical Systems

* Design Methodology and Tools Track

  -   Hardware/Software Co-Design

  -   Formal Methods for Embedded Systems

  -   Embedded Component Technology

  -   Middleware for Embedded Systems

  -   Hardware/Software Co-Verification

  -   Compilation and Debug Techniques

  -   IDE and Software Tools

  -   Performance Evaluation Techniques/Tools

* Embedded Applications and Interdisciplinary Topics Track

  -   Intelligent Embedded Systems

  -   Image and Graph Processing

  -   Network Protocol and Security

  -   Emergency and Disaster Management

  -   Wireless Sensor Networks

  -   Robotics and Control Systems

  -   QoS Support for Embedded Systems

  -   Embedded Database & Multimedia Systems

  -   Consumer Electronics

  -   Automotive, Medical and Avionics Systems

IMPORTANT DATES

===============

Submission Deadline:                     01 March, 2012

Authors Notification:                      08 April, 2012

Final Manuscript Due:                    08 May, 2012

Registration Due:                             08 May, 2012

Conference Date:                            25-27 June, 2012

PAPER SUBMISSION GUIDELINE 

========================== 

All papers need to be submitted electronically through the conference
website (http://cse.stfx.ca/~icess2012/sub/) with PDF format. The materials
presented in the papers should not be published or under submission
elsewhere. Each paper is limited to 8 pages (or 10 pages with over length
charge) including figures and references using IEEE Computer Society
Proceedings Manuscripts style (two columns, single-spaced, 10 fonts). You
can confirm the IEEE Computer Society Proceedings Author Guidelines at the
following web page: http://www.computer.org/portal/web/cscps/formatting 

Once accepted, the paper will be included into the IEEE conference
proceedings published by IEEE Computer Society Press (indexed by EI).