Subject: [netmod] AD review of draft-ietf-netmod-rfc7223bis-01

From: Benoit Claise <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 18 Dec 2017 15:43:15 +0100

Dear all,

In order not to be the bottleneck in the process, here is my AD review 
of draft-ietf-netmod-rfc7223bis-01 
<https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-netmod-rfc7223bis/>

Editorial:

-
    An interface is identified by its name, which is unique within the
    server.  This property is captured in the "interface-ref"_and_
    typedef, which other YANG modules SHOULD use when they need to
    reference an interface.

NEW:
    An interface is identified by its name, which is unique within the
    server.  This property is captured in the "interface-ref"
    typedef, which other YANG modules SHOULD use when they need to
    reference an interface.

-
    Note that NETCONF and SNMP may
    differ in the time granularity in which they provide access to the
    counters.

I guess we want to remove the reference to NETCONF?
Proposal:
    Note the server that implements the YANG module and the SNMP Agent may
    differ in the time granularity in which they provide access to the
    counters.
  
-
We want to mention that "or:" comes from "[email-masked]" in draft-ietf-netmod-revised-datastores

<rpc-reply
        xmlns="urn:ietf:params:xml:ns:netconf:base:1.0"
        message-id="101">
      <data>
        <interfaces
            xmlns="urn:ietf:params:xml:ns:yang:ietf-interfaces"
            xmlns:ianaift="urn:ietf:params:xml:ns:yang:iana-if-type"
            xmlns:vlan="http://example.com/vlan"
            xmlns:or="urn:ietf:params:xml:ns:yang:ietf-origin">

          <interface or:origin="or:intended">
            <name>eth0</name>
            <type>ianaift:ethernetCsmacd</type>
            <enabled>false</enabled>
            <admin-status>down</admin-status>
            <oper-status>down</oper-status>
            <if-index>2</if-index>
            <phys-address>00:01:02:03:04:05</phys-address>
            <statistics>
              <discontinuity-time>
                2013-04-01T03:00:00+00:00
              </discontinuity-time>
              <!-- counters now shown here -->
            </statistics>
          </interface>

Regards, Benoit (as OPS AD)

---

From: Martin Bjorklund <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 18 Dec 2017 15:55:39 +0100 (CET)

>    typedef, which other YANG modules SHOULD use when they need to

Ok, now fixed.

>    differ in the time granularity in which they provide access to the

Ok, fixed.

> in draft-ietf-netmod-revised-datastores

I added:

  This example uses the "origin" annotation, which is defined in the
  module "ietf-origin" [I-D.ietf-netmod-revised-datastores].

(I added this text to rfc7277bis as well).

/martin

---

From: Benoit Claise <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 18 Dec 2017 16:20:56 +0100

Perfect.
Thank you.

Regards, B.
> .