Subject: [netmod] I-D Action: draft-ietf-netmod-rfc8022bis-06.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 22 Dec 2017 10:28:52 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Network Modeling WG of the IETF.

        Title           : A YANG Data Model for Routing Management (NDMA Version)
        Authors         : Ladislav Lhotka
                          Acee Lindem
                          Yingzhen Qu
	Filename        : draft-ietf-netmod-rfc8022bis-06.txt
	Pages           : 77
	Date            : 2017-12-22

Abstract:
   This document contains a specification of three YANG modules and one
   submodule.  Together they form the core routing data model that
   serves as a framework for configuring and managing a routing
   subsystem.  It is expected that these modules will be augmented by
   additional YANG modules defining data models for control-plane
   protocols, route filters, and other functions.  The core routing data
   model provides common building blocks for such extensions -- routes,
   Routing Information Bases (RIBs), and control-plane protocols.

   The YANG modules in this document conform to the Network Management
   Datastore Architecture (NMDA).  This document obsoletes RFC 8022.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-netmod-rfc8022bis/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-netmod-rfc8022bis-06
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-ietf-netmod-rfc8022bis-06

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-netmod-rfc8022bis-06

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

---

From: "Acee Lindem (acee)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 22 Dec 2017 18:30:58 +0000

This version includes Martin’s YANG doctor comments and some updates to
the examples (e.g., YANG Library data) from Lada.

Thanks,
Acee 

On 12/22/17, 1:28 PM, "netmod on behalf of [email-masked]"
<[email-masked] on behalf of [email-masked]> wrote:

>_______________________________________________
>netmod mailing list
>[email-masked]
>https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/netmod

---

From: Benoit Claise <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 27 Dec 2017 12:18:15 +0100

Thanks Acee,

Minor question for the working group and the draft-ietf-rtgwg-yang-rip 
authors.

The appendix is about adding a new control-plane protocol. It takes as 
an example RIP.
However, draft-ietf-rtgwg-yang-rip is being finalized (on the IESG 
telechat on Jan 11th).
Does it make sense to keep the RIP example? If so, is the example 
consistent with draft-ietf-rtgwg-yang-rip?
Or should we just point to draft-ietf-rtgwg-yang-rip as the example?

Not strong views on my side.

Regards, Benoit

---

From: "Acee Lindem (acee)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 27 Dec 2017 17:25:47 +0000

Hi Benoit, 

>Or should we just point to draft-ietf-rtgwg-yang-rip as the example?

It is probably better just to reference the RIP module draft. Does anyone
disagree?

Thanks,
Acee 
>>>         Title           : A YANG Data Model for Routing Management
>>>(NDMA
>>> Version)