Subject: [netmod] I-D Action: draft-ietf-netmod-revised-datastores-08.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 20 Dec 2017 02:21:41 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Network Modeling WG of the IETF.

        Title           : Network Management Datastore Architecture
        Authors         : Martin Bjorklund
                          Juergen Schoenwaelder
                          Phil Shafer
                          Kent Watsen
                          Robert Wilton
	Filename        : draft-ietf-netmod-revised-datastores-08.txt
	Pages           : 38
	Date            : 2017-12-20

Abstract:
   Datastores are a fundamental concept binding the data models written
   in the YANG data modeling language to network management protocols
   such as NETCONF and RESTCONF.  This document defines an architectural
   framework for datastores based on the experience gained with the
   initial simpler model, addressing requirements that were not well
   supported in the initial model.  This document updates RFC 7950.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-netmod-revised-datastores/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-netmod-revised-datastores-08
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-ietf-netmod-revised-datastores-08

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-netmod-revised-datastores-08

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

---

From: Martin Bjorklund <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 20 Dec 2017 11:23:10 +0100 (CET)

Hi,

This version addresses the WGLC comments from Andy and Lou, as
discussed on the list.

/martin

[email-masked] wrote:
> _______________________________________________
> netmod mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/netmod
>

---

From: Andy Bierman <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 20 Dec 2017 19:53:37 -0800

Hi,

> This version addresses the WGLC comments from Andy and Lou, as
I have reviewed draft-08.

The behavior and server capability reporting for the RFC 6241 datastores
should
remain the authoritative conformance mechanism for conventional datastores.
The server YANG library and <hello> advertisement MUST reflect the same
server metadata (for the relevant standard capabilities).

Sec. 5.1 needs to be clear that the existing :candidate, :writable-running,
and :startup
capabilities still apply, if advertised by the server. Not sure what text
to add.

> /martin

Andy

---

From: Juergen Schoenwaelder <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 21 Dec 2017 08:36:31 +0100

> capabilities still apply, if advertised by the server. Not sure what text

There are a lot of things that are not changed at all - does it make
sense to cherry pick some of them and say that they did not change?
It seems that technically there is no point in doing this.

/js

-- 
Juergen Schoenwaelder           Jacobs University Bremen gGmbH
Phone: +49 421 200 3587         Campus Ring 1 | 28759 Bremen | Germany
Fax:   +49 421 200 3103         <http://www.jacobs-university.de/>

---

From: Robert Wilton <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 21 Dec 2017 11:09:45 +0000

>> server metadata (for the relevant standard capabilities).
This statement seems reasonable, but would probably be better placed in 
the NETCONF NMDA protocol draft?

> It seems that technically there is no point in doing this.
I'm also not sure whether this needs stating.  Isn't the assumption that 
everything still applies unless explicitly stated to the contrary?

But if we need to add any text then I think that any such text would be 
more appropriate in the NMDA protocol drafts rather than the base NMDA 
architecture specification.

Thanks,
Rob