Subject: [netmod] intended status of the tree diagram document

From: Martin Bjorklund <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 15 Nov 2017 13:58:18 +0100 (CET)

Hi,

Currently, draft-ietf-netmod-yang-tree-diagrams has intended status
Standards Track.  I think I heard during the meeting today that it
ought to be Informational.  I think this makes sense.  It would then
imply that other standards track documents will have the tree diagram
document as an informative reference.

Should we make this change?

/martin

---

From: Juergen Schoenwaelder <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 15 Nov 2017 14:08:03 +0100

> Should we make this change?

Makes sense to me. I could ask what you will do with the RFC 2119
language in the ID but hey I do not ask these questions anymore. ;-)

/js

-- 
Juergen Schoenwaelder           Jacobs University Bremen gGmbH
Phone: +49 421 200 3587         Campus Ring 1 | 28759 Bremen | Germany
Fax:   +49 421 200 3103         <http://www.jacobs-university.de/>

---

From: Martin Bjorklund <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 15 Nov 2017 14:18:43 +0100 (CET)

> language in the ID but hey I do not ask these questions anymore. ;-)

Hmm, there is no 2119 language in this draft, so it should be ok.

/martin

---

From: Ladislav Lhotka <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 15 Nov 2017 21:47:38 +0800

> language in the ID but hey I do not ask these questions anymore. ;-)

+1

2119 terms should be replaced with plain words.

Lada

-- 
Ladislav Lhotka
Head, CZ.NIC Labs
PGP Key ID: 0xB8F92B08A9F76C67

---

From: Juergen Schoenwaelder <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 15 Nov 2017 15:48:28 +0100

> Hmm, there is no 2119 language in this draft, so it should be ok.

Good that I did not ask. :)

/js

---

From: Lou Berger <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 17 Nov 2017 07:36:58 +0800

Martin,
	I think you are correct.  We should leave as is.

I'm sure Kent/the document Shepherd makes sure whatever we do is right 
before publication in any case.

Lou (as contributor)

On 11/15/2017 8:58 PM, Martin Bjorklund wrote:
> _______________________________________________
> netmod mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/netmod
>

---

From: Juergen Schoenwaelder <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 17 Nov 2017 07:54:24 +0100

Lou,

right now, the document says standards track, Martin's proposal was to
move to informational. So how do I parse "I think you are correct.  We
should leave as is."?

/js