Subject: [netmod] Notications in interface model

From: "Bogaert, Bart (Nokia - BE/Antwerp)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 28 Nov 2017 11:29:36 +0000

Hello,

In the interfaces module we notice support of if-mib feature indicating
whether the IF-MIB is supported or not.  Part of this feature is a flag to
indicate whether an SNMP link-up/down trap has to be generated or not.
Looking at the YANG model itself we notice that it does not foresee any
similar capability.  We were wondering whether it has been discussed as part
of the YANG model definition for interfaces to define a general status
change notification in case an interface goes down or comes up and whether
the generation of such a notification can be enabled or disabled?

Regards, Bart Bogaert

---

From: Alex Campbell <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 1 Dec 2017 03:47:20 +0000

That is a good question.

In retrospect that seems like an obvious omission from the standard YANG.

I'm not aware of any other YANG that adds such a notification.

________________________________
From: netmod <[email-masked]> on behalf of Bogaert, Bart (Nokia - BE/Antwerp) <[email-masked]>
Sent: Wednesday, 29 November 2017 12:29 a.m.
To: [email-masked]
Subject: [netmod] Notications in interface model

Hello,

In the interfaces module we notice support of if-mib feature indicating whether the IF-MIB is supported or not.  Part of this feature is a flag to indicate whether an SNMP link-up/down trap has to be generated or not.  Looking at the YANG model itself we notice that it does not foresee any similar capability.  We were wondering whether it has been discussed as part of the YANG model definition for interfaces to define a general status change notification in case an interface goes down or comes up and whether the generation of such a notification can be enabled or disabled?

Regards, Bart Bogaert