Subject: [netmod] ro presence containers

From: "Sterne, Jason (Nokia - CA/Ottawa)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 4 May 2017 17:25:02 +0000

Hi all,

Is a ro presence container (config false) a valid concept ?  I couldn't find anything in RFC7950 that says it isn't valid.

Presumably the 'presence' would reflect some internal state of the device (vs some configuration), and could be used to suppress certain leafs from a <get> response (in a similar way that a 'when' statement could suppress a set of leafs from a <get> response).

Rgds,
Jason

---

From: "Xiang Li" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 4 May 2017 12:58:51 -0500

I don't see why a 'config false' presence container would  be invalid.

-Xiang

From: netmod [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of Sterne, Jason
(Nokia - CA/Ottawa)
Sent: Thursday, May 4, 2017 12:25 PM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: [netmod] ro presence containers

Hi all,

Is a ro presence container (config false) a valid concept ?  I couldn't find
anything in RFC7950 that says it isn't valid.

Presumably the 'presence' would reflect some internal state of the device
(vs some configuration), and could be used to suppress certain leafs from a
<get> response (in a similar way that a 'when' statement could suppress a
set of leafs from a <get> response).

Rgds,

Jason