Subject: [netmod] Progress of draft-ietf-netmod-yang-model-classification and draft-wu-opsawg-service-model-explained

From: "Adrian Farrel" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 30 Mar 2017 19:55:51 +0100

Hi,

As just stated at the mic in the OPS Area meeting, I met with Dean Bogdanovic
today to discuss the overlap/underlap between these two drafts.

1. We went through the text changes to
draft-ietf-netmod-yang-model-classification and I am happy that changes in the
-05 revision address the questions I have been asking. I do see two nits:
a. draft-ietf-l3sm-l3vpn-service-model is now RFC 8049
b. The paragraph that references that document is perfect and correct, but may
be slightly out of place as its current position suggests that it is a "Network
Service model" where I think that Dean and I have agreed that it is actually one
level higher (a business service model in his language) and so basically out of
scope of this document.
I would suggest moving this paragraph to be the last paragraph in Section 2.1.

2. draft-wu-opsawg-service-model-explained
We will revise this document to align a little more closely with the language in
draft-ietf-netmod-yang-model-classification and (more important) to not re-state
(even in different language) what is in
draft-ietf-netmod-yang-model-classification.
I believe this will address all open worries in the document that have been
expressed on the list.

Thanks,
Adrian