Subject: [netmod] NETMOD @ IETF 85 summary

From: Juergen Schoenwaelder <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 9 Nov 2012 00:40:54 +0100

The NETMOD working group has met for 1.5 hours on Tuesday, November
6th, during the 85th IETF meeting. The meeting was attended by ~45
people.

* The naming issue of the interfaces data model got resolved. There
  will be updated versions of draft-ietf-netmod-interfaces-cfg and
  draft-ietf-netmod-ip-cfg shortly after the meeting, ready for a
  second WG last call.

* The routing data model has a few pending edits. Once a new revision
  is available, this document will be sent to the second WG last call.

* The system data model needs some input from RADIUS experts. Once a
  new revision is available, the document will go to 1st WG last call.

* A substantial review of some parts of the document has been provided
  just before the WG meeting. The editors will update the document to
  address the comments. This document needs further review by people
  familiar with SNMP implementations before it can be last called.

* A proposal for a set of ACL data models was presented. While this
  work seems substantial and timely, the WG has to first finish the
  chartered work before it can consider to take on new work. The
  authors were encouraged to further refine the data models to make
  sure the models cover a number of popular firewall / packet filter
  implementations.

The remaining agenda items had to be skipped because the WG did run
out of time.

/js

-- 
Juergen Schoenwaelder           Jacobs University Bremen gGmbH
Phone: +49 421 200 3587         Campus Ring 1, 28759 Bremen, Germany
Fax:   +49 421 200 3103         <http://www.jacobs-university.de/>