Subject: [netmod] I-D Action: draft-ietf-netmod-routing-cfg-05.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 04 Oct 2012 02:26:51 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
 This draft is a work item of the NETCONF Data Modeling Language Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : A YANG Data Model for Routing Configuration
	Author(s)       : Ladislav Lhotka
	Filename        : draft-ietf-netmod-routing-cfg-05.txt
	Pages           : 64
	Date            : 2012-10-04

Abstract:
   This document contains a specification of three YANG modules.
   Together they form the core routing data model which serves as a
   framework for configuring a routing subsystem.  It is therefore
   expected that these modules will be augmented by additional YANG
   modules defining data models for individual routing protocols and
   other related functions.  The core routing data model provides common
   building blocks for such configurations - router instances, routes,
   routing tables, routing protocols and route filters.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-netmod-routing-cfg

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-netmod-routing-cfg-05

A diff from the previous version is available at:
http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-netmod-routing-cfg-05

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

---

From: Ladislav Lhotka <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 4 Oct 2012 11:37:43 +0200

Hi,

this is a new version of the routing-cfg draft. I incorporated most fixes and changes proposed by the reviewers, with one notable exception: I didn't include the forwarding table (sorry, Mr. Yang:-), and also removed all occurences of RIB and FIB acronyms. These terms are apparently not understood in the same way by RFC authors and different vendors. I believe it is better to let vendors model the forwarding table by way of their own extensions, rather than ignite new flame wars around this draft.

Lada   

Begin forwarded message:

> From: [email-masked]
> Subject: [netmod] I-D Action: draft-ietf-netmod-routing-cfg-05.txt
> Date: October 4, 2012 11:26:51 AM GMT+02:00
> To: [email-masked]
> Cc: [email-masked]
> 
> 
> _______________________________________________
> netmod mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/netmod

--
Ladislav Lhotka, CZ.NIC Labs
PGP Key ID: E74E8C0C