Subject: [netmod] RFC6087 - issue with YANG Module Template in Appendix B (pdf version)

From: <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 15 May 2012 11:39:30 +0100

Hi,

Just extracted the YANG Module Template from Appendix B of the pdf
version of RFC6087 and discovered it contains some non-UTF-8 characters.
The apostrophe character (0x27) has been replaced with the Unicode
character for a right single quotation mark (0x2019). That is not the
case with the plain text of html versions. Is this a known problem with
the pdf version of RFCs?

Jonathan Hansford 

This email and any files attached are intended for the addressee and may contain information of a confidential nature. If you are not the intended recipient, be aware that this email was sent to you in error and you should not disclose, distribute, print, copy or make other use of this email or its attachments. Such actions, in fact, may be unlawful. In compliance with the various Regulations and Acts, General Dynamics United Kingdom Limited reserves the right to monitor (and examine for viruses) all emails and email attachments, both inbound and outbound. Email communications and their attachments may not be secure or error- or virus-free and the company does not accept liability or responsibility for such matters or the consequences thereof. General Dynamics United Kingdom Limited, Registered Office: 21 Holborn Viaduct, London EC1A 2DY. Registered in England and Wales No: 1911653.

---

From: Juergen Schoenwaelder <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 15 May 2012 13:07:20 +0200

Hi,

I can't answer your question but please note that the .txt version
is the authoritative version and hence my recommendation is to always
extract material from the .txt versions.

/js

-- 
Juergen Schoenwaelder           Jacobs University Bremen gGmbH
Phone: +49 421 200 3587         Campus Ring 1, 28759 Bremen, Germany
Fax:   +49 421 200 3103         <http://www.jacobs-university.de/>