Subject: [netmod] Last Call: <draft-ietf-netmod-smi-yang-04.txt> (Translation of SMIv2 MIB Modules to YANG Modules) to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 22 Mar 2012 03:59:52 -0700

The IESG has received a request from the NETCONF Data Modeling Language
WG (netmod) to consider the following document:
- 'Translation of SMIv2 MIB Modules to YANG Modules'
  <draft-ietf-netmod-smi-yang-04.txt> as a Proposed Standard

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits
final comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2012-04-12. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the
beginning of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   YANG is a data modeling language used to model configuration and
   state data manipulated by the NETCONF protocol, NETCONF remote
   procedure calls, and NETCONF notifications.  The Structure of
   Management Information (SMIv2) defines fundamental data types, an
   object model, and the rules for writing and revising MIB modules for
   use with the SNMP protocol.  This document defines a translation of
   SMIv2 MIB modules into YANG modules, enabling read-only access to
   data objects defined in SMIv2 MIB modules via NETCONF.

The file can be obtained via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-netmod-smi-yang/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-netmod-smi-yang/ballot/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.