Subject: [netext] Comments on I-D: draft-tu-netext-mn-status-option-02.txt

From: <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 23 Jul 2012 17:23:49 +0000

Hello,

The proposal of sending additional information related to the MNs
connectivity state is no doubt useful and can help the LMA make a more
informed decision about switching flows.
However I am trying to understand how the MAG gets such access/interface
specific information. Do you expect the access network to provide such
information on a per MN basis? There is an implicit assumption that the
MAG has access to resource information that is maintained by nodes in the
access network. Is that the case?

-Raj

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 25 Jul 2012 15:11:28 +0800

Hi Basavaraj,
In my understanding the Idle/Power saving mode information can be 
retrieved by the MAG from some network elements, such as Paging controller 
in WiMAX, MME in 3GPP and AP in WLAN. In some of the access networks, the 
MAG is even combined with these network elements(e.g. PC in WiMAX)。For 
the radio quality information, there are some mechanismes have already be 
provided for some access networks, take 3GPP access network for example, 
the eNB obtains the radio quality of the Mobile node periodically(e.g. to 
offer some location base services ), and these information can be 
retrieved by the MAG to make the decision to update low radio quality 
event to the LMA.
For mobile node capability information(LIF, dual IPv4/IPv6 stack and MIP 
stack), these information can be forwarded from the MN to the MAG before 
the PMIP signalling (one possibility is using the EAP process). And then 
the MAG can forward these information to the LMA using the PBU/PBA 
messages.
Thanks for your good comments, and hope this clarifies,
BR,
Yangwei Tu

<[email-masked]> 
发件人:  [email-masked]
2012-07-24 01:23

收件人
<[email-masked]>
抄送

主题
[netext] Comments on I-D: draft-tu-netext-mn-status-option-02.txt

Hello,

-Raj 

_______________________________________________
netext mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/netext

---

From: <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 25 Jul 2012 19:52:53 +0000

I agree that network elements such as the eNB have fairly relevant information related to the state of the connection associated with an MN. Getting this information over to a MAG is not easily done. So there is a leap of faith here. How do you propose to obtain this information is shared with the MAG?

MN capability could be indicated during the EAP exchange as you suggested. I think Rajeev's I-D discusses such capability.

-Raj

From: "ext [email-masked]<mailto:[email-masked]>" <[email-masked]<mailto:[email-masked]>>
Date: Wednesday, July 25, 2012 2:11 AM
To: Basavaraj Patil <[email-masked]<mailto:[email-masked]>>
Cc: Netext <[email-masked]<mailto:[email-masked]>>, "[email-masked]<mailto:[email-masked]>" <[email-masked]<mailto:[email-masked]>>
Subject: re: [netext] Comments on I-D: draft-tu-netext-mn-status-option-02.txt

Hi Basavaraj,
In my understanding the Idle/Power saving mode information can be retrieved by the MAG from some network elements, such as Paging controller in WiMAX, MME in 3GPP and AP in WLAN. In some of the access networks, the MAG is even combined with these network elements(e.g. PC in WiMAX)。For the radio quality information, there are some mechanismes have already be provided for some access networks, take 3GPP access network for example, the eNB obtains the radio quality of the Mobile node periodically(e.g. to offer some location base services ), and these information can be retrieved by the MAG to make the decision to update low radio quality event to the LMA.

For mobile node capability information(LIF, dual IPv4/IPv6 stack and MIP stack), these information can be forwarded from the MN to the MAG before the PMIP signalling (one possibility is using the EAP process). And then the MAG can forward these information to the LMA using the PBU/PBA messages.

BR,

Yangwei Tu

<[email-masked]<mailto:[email-masked]>>
发件人:  [email-masked]<mailto:[email-masked]>

2012-07-24 01:23

收件人
        <[email-masked]<mailto:[email-masked]>>
抄送

主题

Hello,

-Raj

_______________________________________________
netext mailing list
[email-masked]<mailto:[email-masked]>
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/netext