Subject: [netext] Comment on I-D: draft-krishnan-netext-update-notifications

From: <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 23 Jul 2012 16:27:43 +0000

Suresh,

You are proposing unsolicited messages to be sent by the LMA to the MAG
for changing mobility session characteristics in I-D:
draft-krishnan-netext-update-notifications.
The I-D states: 
"
One such scenario where such a mechanism is needed
   is when the LMA wants to inform the MAG that it needs to reregister.

"

A mobility session has a lifetime associated with it. Policy could limit
this lifetime to be reasonably short and as a result the renewal of the
binding initiated by the MAG could provide the LMA the necessary means.

It would be good if you can provide a few good use cases justifying the
need for such unsolicited LMA initiated messages to the MAG in the I-D.
While we do have revocation capability, it is not preferred to be used for
reasons other than its intended purpose.

-Raj