Subject: [netext] Call for papers: MobiArch 2012@ACM MOBICOM

From: Xiaoming Fu <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 20 Apr 2012 21:10:05 +0200

(Apologies if you receive multiple copies of this CFP.)

			Call For Papers - MobiArch 2012
      7th ACM Workshop on Mobility in the Evolving Internet Architecture
     In conjunction with ACM MOBICOM 2012, August 22-26, Istanbul, Turkey
   	http://www.sigmobile.org/mobicom/2012/workshops.html
                http://www.research.att.com/~rjana/mobiarch.html

Aim and Scope
-------------
The objective of this workshop is to provide a forum for researchers and 
technologists to present the state-of-the-art contributions and discuss 
future directions in hot topics such as "economics and sustainability" 
and "mobile cloud computing" related to the architectures, services and 
applications in a mobile Internet era.

The workshop will be organized in a manner designed to foster 
interaction and exchange of ideas among the participants. Besides paper 
presentations, time will be allocated to open discussion forums, 
informal discussions and panels. In addition to regular papers, vision 
or work-in-progress papers are also invited to stimulate debates on open 
problems and challenges. Proposals for panels are also solicited. Panel 
topics on emerging or even provocative topics that will generate lively 
discussions are especially welcome.

Topics of interest for technical papers include, but are not limited to 
the following:

Mobile pricing, incentives, network economics
---------------------------------------------
- Technological and socio-economic aspects of mobile architectures, 
protocol design
- Network pricing and congestion control
- Wireless network neutrality
- Cooperative schemes leveraging incentives
- Economics of dynamic spectrum sharing
- Incentive-aware wireless resource scheduling
- Economics of deployment (infrastructure, devices and services)
- Challenges and innovative pricing opportunities of mobile 
applications, social networking, advertisements
- Performance and Fairness issues for an incentivized mobile network
- Incentive mechanisms for mobile network security and privacy
- Economic considerations in offering mobile computing services

Mobile cloud technology and services
------------------------------------
- Mobile platforms, systems, applications, and services integrating with 
the clouds
- Performance evaluation, measurement, and modeling of cloud based 
mobile services and applications
- Resource discovery, allocation, scheduling, and management for cloud 
based mobile services
- Partitioning technologies distributing computing workloads between 
clouds and mobile devices
- Mobile web services integrating cloud computing infrastructure
- Security and privacy issues for integrating clouds with mobile services
- Mobile virtualization techniques and platforms
- Economic analysis, revenue models, billing techniques for cloud based 
mobile services
- Network and storage architectures for mobile clouds
- Processing, mining, and storage of mobile context data using clouds

Submissions will be solicited and all papers are subject to single blind 
reviews. Full technical papers: up to 6 pages in ACM format. Short 
position or demo papers: up to 2 pages in ACM format

Workshop Deadlines
------------------
Abstracts due: May 20th, 2012
Submissions due: May 27th, 2012
Notification to authors: June 18, 2012
Camera-ready copy due: July 2, 2012

Paper Submission site: 
http://www.easychair.org/conferences/?conf=mobiarch2012

Workshop Chairs
---------------
Rittwik Jana, AT&T Labs Research, USA
Xiaoming Fu, University of Goettingen, Germany
K K Ramakrishnan, AT&T Labs Research, USA

Steering Committee:
-------------------
Jon Crowcroft, University of Cambridge, UK
Lars Eggert, Nokia Research Center, Finland
Xiaoming Fu, University of Goettingen, Germany
Marco Gruteser, Rutgers University, USA
Katherine Guo, Bell Laboratories, USA
Jörg Ott, Helsinki University of Technology, Finland
Henning Schulzrinne, Columbia University, USA