Subject: [netext] Question about EAP method applicability..

From: <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 26 Apr 2012 15:54:35 +0000

Hello,

The I-D mentions EAP methods EAP-AKA/AKA'. Subsequent emails have also
mentioned EAP-SIM.
The above set of EAP methods are generally applicable in a 3GPP operator
environment. 

Question: Are these attributes also valid for example if the EAP method
used is EAP-TLS or EAP-TTLS?

It would make the applicability of these attributes wider if that is the
case.

-Raj

---

From: Behcet Sarikaya <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 27 Apr 2012 10:21:10 -0500

Hi Basavaraj,

Thanks for this mail.

I believe this is the real point with this draft and it should have
been checked before WG adoption call, right?

Pls see inline.

> The above set of EAP methods are generally applicable in a 3GPP operator

Absolutely!

If you read the description of these attributes,

the attribute naming follows EAP-AKA/AKA'. So these are defined in
addition to what we have in RFC 5187 and 5448 which are defined to be
used by 3GPP.

Take AT_VIRTUAL_NETWORK_ID, why virtual, I could not understand, it
says  the virtual network is implemented based
   on the 3GPP APN primitive.

>From PMIPv6 point of view, PMIPv6 MN does not carry apn, i.e. LMA
address, the system assigns it for this MN.

Similar arguments can be said for the others, i.e. they are all for 3GPP.

> It would make the applicability of these attributes wider if that is the

EAP-TLS encapsulates TLS into EAP messages (EAP Request and EAP Response).

So if anything is to be applicable to EAP-TLS, it should first be
added to TLS, i.e. then you have to go to TLS WG.

Thanks again for this message. I am hoping that this draft is going to
be the last attempt to modify PMIPv6 MN :).

Regards,

Behcet