Subject: [netext] Last Call: <draft-ietf-netext-radius-pmip6-06.txt> (RADIUS Support for Proxy Mobile IPv6) to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 04 Jan 2012 06:33:03 -0800

The IESG has received a request from the Network-Based Mobility
Extensions WG (netext) to consider the following document:
- 'RADIUS Support for Proxy Mobile IPv6'
  <draft-ietf-netext-radius-pmip6-06.txt> as a Proposed Standard

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits
final comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2012-01-18. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the
beginning of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   This document defines new attributes to facilitate Proxy Mobile IPv6
   operations using the RADIUS infrastructure.  The protocol defined in
   this document uses Radius based interfaces of the mobile access
   gateway and the local mobility anchor with the AAA server for
   authentication, authorization and policy functions.  The RADIUS
   interactions between the mobile access gateway and the RADIUS-based
   AAA server take place when the Mobile Node attaches, authenticates
   and authorizes to a Proxy Mobile IPv6 domain.  Furthermore, this
   document defines the RADIUS-based interface between the local
   mobility anchor and the AAA RADIUS server for authorizing received
   Proxy Binding Update messages for the mobile node's mobility session.
   In addition to the mobility session setup related interactions, this
   document defines the baseline for the mobile access gateway and the
   local mobility anchor generated accounting.

The file can be obtained via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-netext-radius-pmip6/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-netext-radius-pmip6/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.