Subject: [MULTIMOBSEC-API] List settings

From: Nicolas Williams <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 25 Apr 2006 15:39:42 -0500

This list got Cc'ed on a thread in a different IETF list, so when I
reply I get these automated replies telling me that my posts need
moderator approval, blah, blah, blah.  Missing from these unhelpful
e-mails: a URL where I could go subscribe.

I found the subscription page in a few minutes, which brings up a second
issue: I shouldn't have to subscribe just to post, particularly given
that I subscribe to umpteen IETF lists.

Not friendly list behaviour.

Nico
-- 

_______________________________________________
MULTIMOBSEC-API mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/multimobsec-api

---

From: Nicolas Williams <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 25 Apr 2006 15:46:47 -0500

Also, the mailman archive is password protected, but the list archive
can be fetched via anonymous FTP.

Worse: the mailman archive is day-by-day, so I have to click on each day
one by one (the list has been up for four days).

Please remove the password protection, it's pointless.  Or fix the anon
FTP situation.

Please fix the archive -- it's very painful to use.

Nico
--

---

From: Miika Komu <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 26 Apr 2006 11:50:46 +0300 (EEST)

> Not friendly list behaviour.

Sorry about this. This is the first time I am managing a list at the IETF. 
I've seen the approval messages, but I don't have the admin password but I 
have requested it. It might have been in the first welcome email but I may 
have just deleted it by accident. Please accept my embarrassed apologies.

-- 
Miika Komu              [email-masked]          http://www.iki.fi/miika/

---

From: Miika Komu <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 26 Apr 2006 11:52:10 +0300 (EEST)

> Please fix the archive -- it's very painful to use.

Will do as soon as I get an admin password. Sorry for the inconviniency.

---

From: Nicolas Williams <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 26 Apr 2006 10:40:59 -0500

> Sorry about this. This is the first time I am managing a list at the IETF. 

Ah, sorry, I figured these settings were intentional (and misguided).

> have just deleted it by accident. Please accept my embarrassed apologies.

Well, I apologize for the stridence of my complaint; I should have
noticed that you were the list admin and sent private e-mail.

Thanks,

Nico
--

---

From: Miika Komu <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 27 Apr 2006 12:49:11 +0300 (EEST)

> Please fix the archive -- it's very painful to use.

Fixed now.