Subject: RE: [midcom] Possible new work item

From: "Mary Barnes" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 26 Apr 2004 10:45:20 -0400

My responses embedded below [MB].

Regards,
Mary H. Barnes
[email-masked]

-----Original Message-----
From: Melinda Shore [mailto:[email-masked]] 
Sent: Thursday, April 22, 2004 2:04 PM
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]
Subject: [midcom] Possible new work item

As was discussed here several weeks ago, there's a proposal for midcom to
add new deliverables - DHCP and DHCPv6 options to configure middlebox
addresses into endpoints.  If we were to undertake the work, we'd be working
with the dhc working group (expert review) and ideally we'd be able to get a
volunteer from that group to work with the editor of 
the
deliverable.  I've appended some proposed charter text.  The two questions
are:

1) do we want to take on the work, and
[MB] I think it's reasonable for MIDCOM to take this on.

2) is the proposed charter paragraph okay?
[MB] Looks good. 

Thanks,

Melinda

The working group will also produce documents describing DHCP and DHCPv6
options for configuring middlebox addresses into endpoints. These are not a
replacement for a more sophisticated routing or discovery mechanism, but may
prove useful in simple network topologies where network endpoints are making
requests directly of middleboxes rather than relying on third parties, such
as call control servers, to make middlebox requests on their behalf.

_______________________________________________
midcom mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/midcom