Subject: [Fwd: [midcom] I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-midcom-semantics-07.txt]

From: "Martin Stiemerling" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 25 Jan 2004 15:12:09 +0100 (CET)

Hello,

the MIDCOM semantics I-D -06 have been reviewed by our AD  and only minor
changes have been remarked.

Here are the changes:

- Added section 7 about IESG considerations on UNSAF
- Added in section 2.3.8 a hint to PER transaction
- Added in section 2.3.13 a hint to REN message
- Fixed spelling in section 4.1. First sentence was "This examples
precludes" and is now
  "This example assumes"

Please note that the semantics I-D on the IETF draft repository seems to
be broken.  The document is at the IETF only 77kbytes long, but the
document is actually about 155kbytes.
The whole document can be downloaded here:

ftp://ftp.netlab.nec.de/pub/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-midcom-semantics-07.txt

Regards,

 Martin
---------------------------- Original Message ----------------------------
Subject: [midcom] I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-midcom-semantics-07.txt
From:    [email-masked]
Date:    Fri, January 23, 2004 4:23 pm
To:      IETF-Announce:;
Cc:      [email-masked]
--------------------------------------------------------------------------

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts
directories. This draft is a work item of the Middlebox Communication
Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: MIDCOM Protocol Semantics
	Author(s)	: M. Stiemerling
	Filename	: draft-ietf-midcom-semantics-07.txt
	Pages		: 67
	Date		: 2004-1-22

This memo specifies semantics for a Middlebox Communication (MIDCOM)
protocol to be used by MIDCOM agents for interacting with
middleboxes, such as firewalls and NATs.  The semantics discussion does
not include any specification of a concrete syntax or a
transport protocol.  However, a concrete protocol is expected to
implement the specified semantics or - more probably - a superset of it. 
The MIDCOM protocol semantics is derived from the MIDCOM
requirements, from the MIDCOM framework, and from working group
decisions.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-midcom-semantics-07.txt

To remove yourself from the IETF Announcement list, send a message to 
ietf-announce-request with the word unsubscribe in the body of the
message.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the
username "anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging
in, type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ietf-midcom-semantics-07.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-midcom-semantics-07.txt".

NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
129E3FC62F; Fri, 23 Jan 2004 16:25:02 +0100 (CET)
Received: from optimus.ietf.org (optimus22.ietf.org [132.151.6.22])
	by tokyo.ccrle.nec.de (8.12.10/8.12.9) with ESMTP id i0NFP0kA069745; Fri,
23 Jan 2004 16:25:00 +0100 (CET)
To: IETF-Announce: ;
Cc: [email-masked]
From: [email-masked]
Reply-To: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 23 Jan 2004 10:23:10 -0500
Subject: [midcom] I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-midcom-semantics-07.txt
Sender: [email-masked]

--NextPart

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts
directories. This draft is a work item of the Middlebox Communication
Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: MIDCOM Protocol Semantics
	Author(s)	: M. Stiemerling
	Filename	: draft-ietf-midcom-semantics-07.txt
	Pages		: 67
	Date		: 2004-1-22

This memo specifies semantics for a Middlebox Communication (MIDCOM)
protocol to be used by MIDCOM agents for interacting with
middleboxes, such as firewalls and NATs.  The semantics discussion does
not include any specification of a concrete syntax or a
transport protocol.  However, a concrete protocol is expected to
implement the specified semantics or - more probably - a superset of it. 
The MIDCOM protocol semantics is derived from the MIDCOM
requirements, from the MIDCOM framework, and from working group
decisions.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-midcom-semantics-07.txt

To remove yourself from the IETF Announcement list, send a message to 
ietf-announce-request with the word unsubscribe in the body of the
message.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the
username "anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging
in, type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ietf-midcom-semantics-07.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-midcom-semantics-07.txt".

NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.

--NextPart
Content-Type: Multipart/Alternative; Boundary="OtherAccess"

--OtherAccess
Content-Type: Message/External-body;
	access-type="mail-server";
	server="[email-masked]"

Content-Type: text/plain
Content-ID:	<[email-masked]>

ENCODING mime
FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-midcom-semantics-07.txt

--OtherAccess
Content-Type: Message/External-body;
	name="draft-ietf-midcom-semantics-07.txt";
	site="ftp.ietf.org";
	access-type="anon-ftp";
	directory="internet-drafts"

Content-Type: text/plain
Content-ID:	<[email-masked]>

--OtherAccess--

--NextPart--

_______________________________________________
midcom mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/midcom
ENCODING mime
FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-midcom-semantics-07.txt