Subject: [midcom] New Internet Draft on SIMCO

From: Martin Stiemerling <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 29 Jan 2004 17:28:07 +0100

Hi,

since the announcement of the new version of SIMCO has been
dropped somehow:

We have posted a new version of the SImple Middlebox Configuration
(SIMCO) protocol.  This version is now binary encoded and aligned
with the latest developments of the MIDCOM semantics.

You can find a copy here:

http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-stiemerling-midcom-simco-04.txt

Abstract

This document describes a protocol for controlling middleboxes such
as firewalls and network address translators.  It is a fully
compliant implementation of the MIDCOM semantics described in
[RFCXXXX].  Compared to earlier experimental versions of the SIMCO
protocol, this version 3 uses binary message encodings in order to
reduce resource requirements.

Martin Stiemerling

NEC Europe Ltd. -- Network Laboratories [email-masked]
PGP Key at:        http://www.stiemerling.org/stiemerling_nec.gpg
IPv4: http://www.ccrle.nec.de  IPv6: http://www.ipv6.ccrle.nec.de

_______________________________________________
midcom mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/midcom