Subject: [midcom] New Semantics ID

From: Martin Stiemerling <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 16 Oct 2003 07:15:04 +0200

Hi,

I have posted an updated version of the MIDCOM semantics. You can find 
the I-D here in advance:

http://www.stiemerling.org/id/draft-ietf-midcom-semantics-06.txt

we have added the text attached below, based on a comment of Wanqun.

Martin

Change in semantics:

Additionally the request message of PER and reply message of PRS
    contains a direction of flow parameter.  This direction of flow
    parameter indicates for UDP and IP the direction of packets
    traversing the middlebox.  For 'inbound' the UDP packets are
    traversing from outside to inside, for 'outbound' the UDP packets are
    traversing from inside to the outside.  In both cases of 'inbound'
    and 'outbound' the packets can traverse the middelbox only uni-
    directional. A bi-directional flow is enabled through 'bi-
    directional' as direction of flow parameter.  In the case of TCP the
    packet flow is always bi-directional, but the direction of flow
    parameter is defined as:

      - inbound: bi-directional TCP packet flow. First packet, with TCP
        SYN flag set, must arrive at the middlebox at the outside
        interface.

      - outbound: bi-directional TCP packet flow. First packet, with TCP
        SYN flag set, must arrive at the middlebox at the inside
        interface.

      - bi-directional: bi-directional TCP packet flow. First packet,
        with TCP SYN flag set, may arrive at inside or outside interface.

_______________________________________________
midcom mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/midcom