Subject: [midcom] I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-midcom-mib-analysis-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 18 Aug 2003 11:14:42 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Middlebox Communication Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: Middlebox Communications (MIDCOM) Protocol Managed 
                          Objects Analysis
	Author(s)	: M. Barnes et al.
	Filename	: draft-ietf-midcom-mib-analysis-00.txt
	Pages		: 16
	Date		: 2003-8-18
	
This document provides an analysis and identification of the managed 
objects for dynamic configuration of middleboxes. The scope of the 
middleboxes to which these managed objects apply is limited to NATs 
and Firewalls.  However, the managed objects as identified in this 
document are intended to provide a baseline for the dynamic 
configuration of other types of middleboxes. The applicability of 
existing Management Information Base (MIB) modules to the MIDCOM 
requirements, framework and semantics is described. Additional 
managed objects are identified to satisfy the entirety of the MIDCOM 
requirements, framework and semantics and to provide a complete 
MIDCOM MIB for NATs and Firewalls to fully realize the requirements 
of the MIDCOM protocol. The actual definition of any new managed 
objects is provided in a separate document [MDCMIB].

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-midcom-mib-analysis-00.txt

To remove yourself from the IETF Announcement list, send a message to 
ietf-announce-request with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ietf-midcom-mib-analysis-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-midcom-mib-analysis-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.