Subject: [midcom] I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-midcom-semantics-04.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 20 Aug 2003 11:09:01 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Middlebox Communication Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: MIDCOM Protocol Semantics
	Author(s)	: M. Stiemerling et al.
	Filename	: draft-ietf-midcom-semantics-04.txt
	Pages		: 61
	Date		: 2003-8-20
	
This memo specifies semantics for a Middlebox Communication (MIDCOM)
protocol to be used by MIDCOM agents for interacting with
middleboxes, such as firewalls and NATs.  The semantics discussion
does not include any specification of a concrete syntax or a
transport protocol.  However, a concrete protocol is expected to
implement the specified semantics or - more probably - a superset of
it.  The MIDCOM protocol semantics is derived from the MIDCOM
requirements, from the MIDCOM framework, and from working group
decisions.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-midcom-semantics-04.txt

To remove yourself from the IETF Announcement list, send a message to 
ietf-announce-request with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ietf-midcom-semantics-04.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-midcom-semantics-04.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.