Subject: [midcom] [email-masked]: I-D ACTION:draft-barnes-midcom-mib-01.txt

From: Melinda Shore <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 02 Jul 2003 09:26:01 -0400

This is the current mib draft.  There hasn't been much
progress over the past few months but please take a look at
it anyway.  I'm currently in discussions with Mary about a
schedule for getting it done, and will post an update.

Melinda

------- Forwarded Message

Date:    Wed, 02 Jul 2003 06:53:02 -0400
From:    [email-masked]
To:      IETF-Announce: ;
Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-barnes-midcom-mib-01.txt

- --NextPart

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: Middlebox Communications (MIDCOM) Protocol Managed 
                          Objects
	Author(s)	: M. Barnes et al.
	Filename	: draft-barnes-midcom-mib-01.txt
	Pages		: 16
	Date		: 2003-7-1
	
This document describes and defines the managed objects for dynamic 
configuration of middleboxes. The scope of the middleboxes to which 
these managed objects apply is limited to NATs and Firewalls.  
However, the MIB module as defined by this document is intended to 
provide a baseline for the dynamic configuration of other types of 
middleboxes. The applicability of existing Management Information 
Base (MIB) modules to the MIDCOM requirements, framework and 
semantics is described. Additional managed objects are defined to 
satisfy the entirety of the MIDCOM requirements, framework and 
semantics, providing a complete MIDCOM MIB for NATs and Firewalls to 
fully realize the requirements of the MIDCOM protocol.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-barnes-midcom-mib-01.txt

To remove yourself from the IETF Announcement list, send a message to 
ietf-announce-request with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-barnes-midcom-mib-01.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-barnes-midcom-mib-01.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.

- --NextPart
Content-Type: Multipart/Alternative; Boundary="OtherAccess"

- --OtherAccess
Content-Type: Message/External-body;
	access-type="mail-server";
	server="[email-masked]"

Content-Type: text/plain
Content-ID:	<[email-masked]>

ENCODING mime
FILE /internet-drafts/draft-barnes-midcom-mib-01.txt

- --OtherAccess
Content-Type: Message/External-body;
	name="draft-barnes-midcom-mib-01.txt";
	site="ftp.ietf.org";
	access-type="anon-ftp";
	directory="internet-drafts"

Content-Type: text/plain
Content-ID:	<[email-masked]>

- --OtherAccess--

- --NextPart--

------- End of Forwarded Message

_______________________________________________
midcom mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/midcom