Subject: [midcom] Semantics: Encryption in Session Establishment

From: Martin Stiemerling <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 07 May 2003 10:01:45 +0200

Hi,

after the last session at IETF-56 in San Francisco, somebody raised a 
concern with respect to the encryption method in the Session 
Establishment (SE) transaction.

I would be happy if these concerns could be raised again on the mailling 
list.

As far as I rember the concern was that carring encryption method 
information in the SE transaction is doubled work and should be left to 
an underlying protocol.

Thanks in advance
Martin

-- 
Martin Stiemerling

NEC Europe Ltd. -- Network Laboratories  [email-masked]
IPv4: http://www.ccrle.nec.de  IPv6: http://www.ipv6.ccrle.nec.de

_______________________________________________
midcom mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/midcom