Subject: Re: [midcom] Clarification on RowStatus and Agent Capabilities

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 12 May 2003 14:12:33 +0530

Hi,

   Contact the SNMP forums, say  [email-masked]

    regards

    --
    harish

"Kurapati, mahesh" <[email-masked]>@ietf.org on 05/12/2003 02:04:51
PM

Sent by:    [email-masked]

To:    [email-masked]
cc:

Subject:    [midcom] Clarification on RowStatus and Agent Capabilities

Hi all,

I am new to this group.  Please direct me, if this is not the right forum
to
be asked.

My question is regarding instrumentation of read-create objects, RowStatus
and Agent Capabilities.

Say a table has two columnar objects c1, c2 with read-create access in
addition to a ROWSTATUS object r1.

1.  Should a row be created when a set request is received on one of the
columnar object (c1.<new instance>) with a non existing instance?  If a row
is created, what shall be the value of RowStatus object?

2.  Can the RowStatus be partially implemented?  In the sense, for one of
the table that we designed it does not make sense to have all the RowStatus
values supported?  In such scenarios, can we implement this object
partially?

3.  Can we change the AGENT-CAPABILITIES section in a standard MIB, if we
take deviations from the standard definitions?

Please clarify me,

Thanks and Regards
Mahesh

_______________________________________________
midcom mailing list
[email-masked]
 https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/midcom

_______________________________________________
midcom mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/midcom

---

From: "Harrington, David" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 14 May 2003 12:34:07 -0400

The preferred list to ask about mib design is [email-masked]

---
David Harrington           
[email-masked]          
co-chair, IETF SNMPv3 WG