Subject: [midcom] stun client

From: "Jade Chen Yan" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 16 May 2003 14:58:29 +0800

HI, List,

It seem the STUN client should know at least 2 SERVER addr to determine the
symmetric NAT, am I right?

Best Regards,
Jade

_______________________________________________
midcom mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/midcom

---

From: Cullen Jennings <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 16 May 2003 00:47:14 -0700

It only needs to know one to start with - it sends a message to that and in
the response it finds out the other address.

Cullen

---

From: Jonathan Rosenberg <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 16 May 2003 09:51:49 -0400

To be clear, you don't need two servers either. The first server will 
return a new IP/port in the response. This can represent a different 
virtual interface on the same server.

-Jonathan R.

-- 
Jonathan D. Rosenberg, Ph.D.                600 Lanidex Plaza
Chief Scientist                             Parsippany, NJ 07054-2711
dynamicsoft
[email-masked]                     FAX:   (973) 952-5050
http://www.jdrosen.net                      PHONE: (973) 952-5000
http://www.dynamicsoft.com