Subject: [midcom] Internet Draft on NAT/P2P

From: Bryan Ford <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 6 Apr 2003 23:35:53 -0400

Dear MIDCOM Group,

While doing some P2P research, I found myself falling into the dark pit of 
NAT/P2P interaction issues, and decided to try to collect and consolidate all 
the relevant information I could find "out there" about this problem.  Since 
it appears no one has done this yet (although several helpful starts have 
been made by others), I wrote up an Internet Draft on the topic, with the 
tentative plan of publishing it in the near future as an Informational RFC.  
The intent of the draft is not to propose any new protocols, but merely to 
summarize current knowledge about making P2P applications work with NAT in 
the absence of explicit proxy protocols like MIDCOM.  You will probably not 
find anything new or surprising here, but nevertheless I would greatly 
appreciate if you could take the time to look it over and give me comments, 
ideas, additional information I missed, or any other feedback you might have.  
The draft is available on my "NAT Check" web page:

	http://www.pdos.lcs.mit.edu/~baford/nat/

...or at the direct link:

	http://www.pdos.lcs.mit.edu/~baford/nat/draft-ford-natp2p-00.txt

Thank you very much,
Bryan
_______________________________________________
midcom mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/midcom