Subject: [midcom] MIDCOM Protocol Evaluation: Clarification of "Partial Compliance"

From: "Mary Barnes"<[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 12 Apr 2002 11:16:35 -0500

Hi all,

I've had a couple queries and discussions as to the meaning of "Partial
Compliance" in section 3 and 4.1.3 of the protocol evaluation template. My
view is that if the protocol can be extended (within the extensibility
guidelines for that protocol, doesn't break anything and it's still within
the "spririt" of the protocol), then it would be Partially compliant to that
requirement (and not a Failed requirement).  BEWARE: that this is contrary
to what the text in the template implies in section 4.1.4, so I need to
update the template! 

Also, it's quite likely there may be disagreements on specific
classifications, so it is imperative that there be some text describing the
context for each of the Compliancy claims in sections 4.1.2, 4.1.3 and
4.1.4." 

There may be other examples that I've not thought of as far as "Partial
Compliance", so it would be useful if those authoring the documents post
those to the list for discussion as well.  

As a reminder the deadline for the initial submission is one week away:

April 19th      Final cutoff for specific protocol drafts. 
               *  The mandatory sections for this document are 
                  outlined in section 4.1 of the      
                  template at: 
http://www.obsidian97.com/draft-midcom-protocol-eval-template.txt 

April 19th- May 3rd     Mailing list discussion of specific 
                        protocol drafts, allowing authors to 
                        incorporate WG feedback into their  
                        contribution to improve comparison and 
                        add completeness. 

May 10th        Deadline for any updates to protocol drafts. 

Regards,
Mary.