Subject: [midcom] Re: draft-renkel-rsip-midcom-eval-00.txt

From: "Joel M. Halpern" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 23 Apr 2002 11:04:50 -0400

My primary observation reading this document is that it would be helpful if 
you clearly and early in the document indicated that your proposal is to 
change the data handling behavior of te middlebox.  If this is not your 
intent, then significant attention is needed to how RSIP would work without 
the currently required tunneling (you merely say "null tunnel", but there 
is a lot more to it than that.

The other issue is that as I understand it RSIP as currently designed 
assumes that the requestor and the communicating party are one and the 
same.  If this is so, and is a behavior you intend to retain, please say 
so.  If it is a behavior you believe can be changed, then some description 
of the complications and degree of change to RSIP would be helpful.

Yours,
Joel M. Halpern

_______________________________________________
midcom mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/midcom