Subject: [midcom] Protocol Eval Documents

From: Rohan Mahy <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 25 Apr 2002 09:16:32 -0700 (Pacific Daylight Time)

Hi,

Are we going to also compare the "existing protocol" approaches with just
rolling our own on top of a reliable transport (TCP or TLS).  I think
there are/were two or three concrete proposals.  Just browsing through the
archives, I found these:

http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-stiemerling-midcom-simco-00.txt

http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-bryan-midcom-simple-strawman-00.txt

plus I know of Jiri Kuthan's FCP, which I don't think was ever submitted
as an ID.

thanks,
-rohan

To: "[email-masked]'" <[email-masked]>
Subject: [midcom] Please Review: Protocol Evaluation Documents available
From: "Mary Barnes"<[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 25 Apr 2002 09:46:04 -0500
List-Id: <midcom.ietf.org>
Sender: [email-masked]

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Title: Please Review: Protocol Evaluation Documents available
Hi,

Just a reminder that we are in the middle of our review process for the
individual protocol evaluation documents. This is your opportunity to
influence the protocol evaluations such that we have as objective of an
analysis as possible going into the amalgamated WG Protocol Evaluation
document.

There's been one round of comments on 3 of the drafts (Thanks!), however,
to ensure that everyone sees them all, I've summarized the links below:

SNMP Prime: Juergen Quittek [[email-masked]]:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-quittek-midcom-snmp-eval-00.txt

DIAMETER Prime: Tom Taylor [[email-masked]]
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-taylor-midcom-diameter-eval-00.txt

RSIP Prime: James Renkel [[email-masked]]
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-renkel-rsip-midcom-eval-00.txt

MEGACO Prime: Sanjoy Sen [[email-masked]]
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-sct-midcom-megaco-01.txt

COPS Prime: Kwok Ho Chan [[email-masked]]
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-aoun-midcom-cops-01.txt

Just a note that rather than fill the list with editorial nits, I will be
doing an editorial review and will be sending that feedback directly to
the authors.

For this phase of the protocol evaluation process, the following are the
deadlines:

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Now-May 3rd     Mailing list discussion of specific
                protocol drafts, allowing authors to
                incorporate WG feedback into their
                contribution to improve comparison and
                add completeness.

May 10th        Deadline for any updates to protocol drafts.

Regards,
Mary H. Barnes
[email-masked]
972-684-5432
Wireless 817-703-4806

_______________________________________________
midcom mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/midcom