Subject: [midcom] I-D ACTION:draft-quittek-midcom-snmp-eval-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 25 Apr 2002 08:23:57 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: Using SNMP as Midcom Protocol
	Author(s)	: J. Quittek
	Filename	: draft-quittek-midcom-snmp-eval-00.txt
	Pages		: 9
	Date		: 24-Apr-02
	
This memo evaluates the Simple Network Management Protocol (SNMP) as
a candidate for realizing a Midcom protocol. The properties and
capabilities of the SNMP management framework are compared to the
Midcom requirements [MDC-REQ] and to the Midcom framework and
architecture [MDC-FRM]. It is shown that SNMP matches almost all
Midcom requirements and that with the already existing support for
NATs [NAT-MIB] only little additional effort is required for creating
a Midcom protocol solution based on the SNMP management framework.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-quittek-midcom-snmp-eval-00.txt

To remove yourself from the IETF Announcement list, send a message to 
ietf-announce-request with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-quittek-midcom-snmp-eval-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-quittek-midcom-snmp-eval-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.