Subject: [malloc] Protocol Action: Multicast Address Allocation MIB to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 04 Mar 2003 17:18:47 -0500

The IESG has approved the Internet-Draft 'Multicast Address Allocation 
MIB' <draft-ietf-malloc-malloc-mib-08.txt> as a Proposed 
Standard. This document is the product of the Multicast Address 
Allocation Working Group. The IESG contact persons are Allison Mankin
and Scott Bradner. 

Technical Summary 

This document defines a MIB module for managing multicast address 
allocation in servers and cliients, including those using the 
Multicast Address Dynamic Client Allocation Protocol (MADCAP), RFC 
2730. Interactions with the Multicast-scope Zone Announcement 
Protocol (MZAP), RFC 2776, are also covered.

Working Group Summary 

There was active discussion and review, due to new work on IPv6 
multicast address allocation and source specific multicast 
addressing, during the working group last call. IETF Last Call 
brought forward no dissent. 

Protocol Quality 

The document was reviewed for the IESG by Bert Wijnen and 
Allison Mankin. It was found to be a reasonable analysis and 
good MIB.

RFC Editor Note:

RFC Editor, please add Normative References to
RFCs 3291, 2932, and 3411.
_______________________________________________
malloc mailing list
[email-masked]
http://catarina.usc.edu/mailman/listinfo/malloc