Subject: [malloc] Is this list still useful?

From: Ross Finlayson <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 28 Feb 2002 11:29:09 -0800

As we've all just discovered, this list ("[email-masked]") has 
come under seige from spammers.

Is this list still useful? If so, could the owners change its permissions 
so that only subscribers can post to it?

	Ross.

_______________________________________________
malloc mailing list
[email-masked]
http://catarina.usc.edu/mailman/listinfo/malloc

---

From: Pavlin Radoslavov <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 28 Feb 2002 15:32:50 -0800

> so that only subscribers can post to it?

Recently, the MLs configuration/administration in USC netlab has
been switched from "majordomo" to "mailman". By the time I found
that it was too late to fix the configuration and stop the spam.

Today I took again over the ML administration, and now again only
subscribers should be able to post.
This means that if you are posting from a different email address,
your message will be delayed until the ML administrator approves
it.

FYI, "mailman" automatically handles bounces, so if someone's
email becomes invalid, after 10 days it will be automatically
removed from the mailing list. So if you have mail problems you
didn't fix for that long, it is your responsibility to fix those
problems and re-subscribe to the list :)

Pavlin