Subject: [Malloc] MALLOC Implementation

From: Fredrik Pettersson <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 20 Aug 2001 08:17:42 +0200

Hi!

During the period from january to may 2001 a project to implement parts of 
the MALLOC architecture was performed at Luleå University of Technology. The 
project was performed by 6 computer science students as a part of the final 
year of education, and the task was to implement the MADCAP protocol and to 
integrate this with a partial implementation from 2000. Telia Research AB 
sponsored the project.

The result was a client-side MADCAP library which implements parts of the 
abstract API defined in RFC2771, and a MAAS server program which can 
communicate with MADCAP clients. The server contains AAP code developed in a 
similar project during 2000. The code from the project is now released under 
the GPL, and can be downloaded from the original project homepage at 
http://deimos.campus.luth.se/malloc/index.shtml, where all the documentation 
from the project may also be found.

In order to create a more permanent site for the download of the code, there 
is also a project at SourceForge where the code is available. The address is 
http://sourceforge.net/projects/malloc/. I am listed as the project admin 
there, but I am currently unable to be active in any further development of 
the code since I am working on my Masters Thesis. If anyone would like to 
continue the development using the facilities provided by SourceForge, 
contact me and I can add you as a developer.

All the original developers can be contacted at [email-masked].

//Fredrik Pettersson

_______________________________________________
Malloc mailing list
[email-masked]
http://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/malloc