Subject: WG Last Call on MALLOC MIB

From: Dave Thaler <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 10 Jul 2000 12:37:34 -0700 (PDT)

Draft -03 of the Malloc MIB was just submitted.
Until it appears in the I-D directories, a copy can be found at
   http://www.aciri.org/malloc/draft-ietf-malloc-malloc-mib-03.txt

Summary of changes since -02:
1) Replaced "public key" objects with "shared key" stuff (as discussed
   at previous IETF). 
2) Added objects for configuring Prefix Coordinators (search for "Prefix")
3) Added objects for managing AAP pool sizes
4) Updated AAP objects for AAP configuration constants to match latest
   AAP spec (AAP authors, please verify...)
4) Created an IANA-MALLOC-MIB to hold textual conventions for 
   lists of protcols, where they used to be in the base MIB.
   This is now consistent with the Arch Doc, which allows other
   protocols/mechanisms at various levels.  Adding another mechanism
   (e.g. GLOP) requires another enumerated value to be assigned, but
   now this won't require updating the Malloc MIB once it becomes an RFC.
   The IANA-MALLOC-MIB is currently included in an Appendix which will
   be removed on publication (and posted on IANA's site).

This email begins a 2-week WG Last Call on the Malloc MIB, ending
July 24th.

-Dave