Subject: Protocol Action: MADCAP Multicast Scope Nesting State Option to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 30 Jun 2000 08:05:20 -0400

The IESG has approved the Internet-Draft 'MADCAP Multicast Scope
Nesting State Option' <draft-ietf-malloc-madcap-nest-opt-05.txt> as a
Proposed Standard.  This document is the product of the
Multicast-Address Allocation Working Group.  The IESG contact person is
Thomas Narten.

Technical Summary
 
 This document defines a new option to the Multicast Address Dynamic
 Client Allocation Protocol (MADCAP) to support nested scoping. The
 new option's purpose is to allow clients to learn which scopes nest
 inside each other, and hence may be used for expanding scope searches
 or hierarchical multicast transport.

Working Group Summary

 There was consensus in the WG for this option and no issues were
 raised during the Last Call.

Protocol Quality

 This protocol has been reviewed for the IESG by Thomas Narten and
 Vern Paxson.

---

From: Steve Hanna <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 30 Jun 2000 15:18:36 -0400

Thanks for your work on this, Roger. Good job!

-Steve