Subject: Relationship with ICANN/IANA

From: SENECLAUZE Gregoire FTRD/DAC/LAN <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 6 Jun 2000 18:08:51 +0200

Hi, 

Where could I find informations regarding attribution of multicast addresses
(I mean blocks that should be affected to an autonomous systems for
example..)

ICANN is now responsible for this task I think, but I did not find anything
regarding multicast on ICANN's website (www.icann.org)

I thought some people in this working group may have some informations
regarding this.

Thank you for your help

Grégoire.

-------------------------------------------------------------------
Grégoire Sénéclauze
France Telecom CNET   DAC-NTR
2, Avenue Pierre Marzin, 22307 Lannion Cedex
+33 (0)2 96 05 30 73  (tel)
+33 (0)2 96 05 18 52  (fax)
[email-masked]
-------------------------------------------------------------------

---

From: Marc-Olivier Méhu <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 07 Jun 2000 00:21:58 +0200

> (I mean blocks that should be affected to an autonomous systems for

The static multicast allocations are listed at 

http://www.isi.edu/in-notes/iana/assignments/multicast-addresses

Otherwise, there are few ASes using GLOP allocation (Experimental
RFC2770) for 
allocation in order to get a /24 of globally unique multicast address
space. 

> regarding multicast on ICANN's website (www.icann.org)

Malloc is working on other ways to provide some dynamic allocation
mechanism 
for multicast adresses. You could find more information about this at:

http://www.aciri.org/malloc/

Regards,
Marc-Olivier

-- 
Marc-Olivier Méhu                       
Cybercable                           email: [email-masked]
20 Place des Vins de France          phone: +33 1 53 44 83 14
75614 PARIS CEDEX 12	                fax:   +33 1 53 44 83 59
FRANCE					

You may delay, but Time will not.	-  Benjamin Franklin 
#include <canonical.disclaimer>      // only my own opinions, etc.