Subject: Posted new AAP draft (draft-ietf-malloc-aap-03.txt)

From: Steve Hanna <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 09 Mar 2000 11:54:12 -0500

I have submitted a new AAP draft to the internet-drafts editor and
posted a copy on the malloc web site at:

  http://www.aciri.org/malloc/draft-ietf-malloc-aap-03.txt

This version reflects all comments I have received on the document,
including the following changes:

* Noted reserved port number: 2878.
* Removed Appendix D (Unresolved Issues).
* Added scaling analysis (section 6).
* Added recommendation that hosts use MADCAP instead of AAP if a
  MADCAP server is available.
* Changed last step in address selection preference algorithm
  (section 3.2.7) to choose randomly. This should reduce the
  likelihood of collisions.
* Added discussion of allocation conflicts (section 3.2.3).
* Added examples (Appendix A).

I will request a Working Group last call for this document as soon as it
hits the Internet Drafts archive.

-Steve