Subject: [lisp] Fwd: I-D Action: draft-fuller-lisp-ddt-03.txt

From: Vince Fuller <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 16 Jul 2012 17:02:32 -0700

This version has been significantly reorganized relative to -01 so I'm not
including "rfcdiff" results. Highlights include:

- re-working of section structure to improve flow and readability

- an explicit new section in the main document body giving a high-level
  description of the Map-Referral message; the simplified packey layout
  diagram remains in in Appendix B

- two new sections intended to aid in implementation: one uses psuedo-code
  to provide a detailed descriptions of message processing while the other
  is made up of decision-tree diagrams showing the same processing

- a new section that provides an sample topology and several detailed
  examples of how Map-Referral messages are used to walk the database tree
  to find answers

Note that the announcement of the -02 version should be ignored; it was sent
out with a typo in the name of one of the authors. -03 corrects that typo
but is otherwise identical to -02.

	--Vince
	(for the LISP-DDT authors)

----- Forwarded message from [email-masked] -----

Date: Mon, 16 Jul 2012 16:36:32 -0700
From: <[email-masked]>
To: <[email-masked]>
Subject: I-D Action: draft-fuller-lisp-ddt-03.txt

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : LISP Delegated Database Tree
	Author(s)       : Vince Fuller
                          Darrel Lewis
                          Vina Ermagan
                          Amit Jain
	Filename        : draft-fuller-lisp-ddt-03.txt
	Pages           : 42
	Date            : 2012-07-16

Abstract:
   This draft describes the LISP Delegated Database Tree (LISP-DDT), a
   hierarchical, distributed database which embodies the delegation of
   authority to provide mappings from LISP Endpoint Identifiers (EIDs)
   to Routing Locators (RLOCs).  It is a statically-defined distribution
   of the EID namespace among a set of LISP-speaking servers, called DDT
   nodes.  Each DDT node is configured as "authoritative" for one or
   more EID-prefixes, along with the set of RLOCs for Map Servers or
   "child" DDT nodes to which more-specific EID-prefixes are delegated.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-fuller-lisp-ddt

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-fuller-lisp-ddt-03

A diff from previous version is available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-fuller-lisp-ddt-03

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce
Internet-Draft directories: http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

----- End forwarded message -----

---

From: Damien Saucez <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 17 Jul 2012 11:00:55 +0200

Thank you for the information, will review it for the meeting.

Damien Saucez

On 17 Jul 2012, at 02:02, Vince Fuller wrote:

> lisp mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/lisp