Subject: [lisp] Needed: volunteers for a work item

From: Terry Manderson <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 26 Jun 2012 21:13:34 -0700

LISP Work group,

The new charter of LISP calls for a few things to be furnished to the IESG
promptly. One of those items is:

Sep 2012    Submit a LISP impact discussion document to the IESG for
publication as an Experimental RFC

With the associated description of that work item:

- A description of the impacts of LISP: This document will describe
the problems that LISP is intended to address and the impacts that
employing LISP has. While the work on LISP was initiated by Internet
routing scaling concerns, there has also been an interest on
improved solutions to a number of different problems, such as
traffic engineering. This document should describe problem areas
(such as scaling or traffic engineering) where LISP is expected to have
a positive effect, as well as any tradeoffs that are caused by
LISP's design. 

Joel and I would like any individuals interested in authoring and editing
this document to apply by emailing us off list. This is an important
milestone document so your consideration to providing your valuable time to
LISP is very much appreciated.

Cheers
Terry