Subject: [lisp] I-D Action: draft-ietf-lisp-eid-block-02.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 24 Apr 2012 07:27:31 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories. This draft is a work item of the Locator/ID Separation Protocol Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : LISP EID Block
	Author(s)       : Luigi Iannone
                          Darrel Lewis
                          David Meyer
                          Vince Fuller
	Filename        : draft-ietf-lisp-eid-block-02.txt
	Pages           : 10
	Date            : 2012-04-24

   This is a direction to IANA to allocate a /16 IPv6 prefix for use
   with the Locator/ID Separation Protocol (LISP).  The prefix will be
   used for local intra-domain routing and global endpoint
   identification, by sites deploying LISP as EID (Endpoint IDentifier)
   addressing space.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-lisp-eid-block-02.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

This Internet-Draft can be retrieved at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-lisp-eid-block-02.txt

The IETF datatracker page for this Internet-Draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-lisp-eid-block/

---

From: Roger Jørgensen <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 24 Apr 2012 16:59:55 +0200

> A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories. This draft is a work item of the Locator/ID Separation Protocol Working Group of the IETF.

Just to ask the first question here... if it's allocated, who and how
is it to be managed? Like 6bone or RIR style?

Could be that it's stated but I couldn't find it anywhere in the document.

--- Roger J ---

> _______________________________________________
> lisp mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/lisp

-- 

Roger Jorgensen           | ROJO9-RIPE
[email-masked]          | - IPv6 is The Key!
http://www.jorgensen.no   | [email-masked]

---

From: Luigi Iannone <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 25 Apr 2012 14:20:21 +0200

Hi Roger,

> is it to be managed? Like 6bone or RIR style?

I do not think this is in the scope of the document. 
The document aims at asking IANA to introduce a prefix that is interpreted as EID-Prefix (you can call it a code point).
No change whatsoever is requested in the address allocation/distribution. 
The document does not aim at introducing any new policy.

Luigi

---

From: Roger Jørgensen <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 25 Apr 2012 14:28:27 +0200

> On Apr 24, 2012, at 16:59 , Roger Jørgensen wrote:
<snip>
> The document does not aim at introducing any new policy.

It is maybe out of scope, but it should then state that it don't
change anything.

Anyway, that mean that me as a LIR can maybe sometime in the future
ask for a LISP netblock? :-)

--