Subject: [Json] Ben Campbell's No Objection on draft-ietf-jsonbis-rfc7159bis-03: (with COMMENT)

From: Ben Campbell <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 14 Mar 2017 17:52:41 -0700

Ben Campbell has entered the following ballot position for
draft-ietf-jsonbis-rfc7159bis-03: No Objection

When responding, please keep the subject line intact and reply to all
email addresses included in the To and CC lines. (Feel free to cut this
introductory paragraph, however.)

Please refer to https://www.ietf.org/iesg/statement/discuss-criteria.html
for more information about IESG DISCUSS and COMMENT positions.

The document, along with other ballot positions, can be found here:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-jsonbis-rfc7159bis/

----------------------------------------------------------------------
COMMENT:
----------------------------------------------------------------------

- section 9: This allows limits for nesting depth, number range and
precision, and string length. Can you offer any guidance about what sorts
of limits might be reasonable? Or what limits might unreasonably impact
interoperability?

- 12, 2nd paragraph: This paragraph sort of buries the lede. I thought it
was going to talk about the implications of not being able to parse
certain JSON legal characters with eval(), but I understand it really
about the risk of arbitrary executable content. I suggest you say that in
the first sentence.