Subject: [Json] Last Call: <draft-ietf-jsonbis-rfc7159bis-03.txt> (The JavaScript Object Notation (JSON) Data Interchange Format) to Internet Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 21 Feb 2017 06:55:30 -0800

The IESG has received a request from the Javascript Object Notation
Update WG (jsonbis) to consider the following document:
- 'The JavaScript Object Notation (JSON) Data Interchange Format'
  <draft-ietf-jsonbis-rfc7159bis-03.txt> as Internet Standard

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits
final comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2017-03-07. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the
beginning of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   JavaScript Object Notation (JSON) is a lightweight, text-based,
   language-independent data interchange format.  It was derived from
   the ECMAScript Programming Language Standard.  JSON defines a small
   set of formatting rules for the portable representation of structured
   data.

   This document removes inconsistencies with other specifications of
   JSON, repairs specification errors, and offers experience-based
   interoperability guidance.

The file can be obtained via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-jsonbis-rfc7159bis/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-jsonbis-rfc7159bis/ballot/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.

---

From: Barry Leiba <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 21 Feb 2017 17:01:54 -0500

The primary reasons for this document are (1) to advance the
specification to Internet Standard and (2) to normatively align the
IETF and ECMA specifications for JSON.  I support both of those
points, and think this document is ready for approval.

Barry